Help Decide Kitchen Layout and ....?

lulu bella

Here is the floor plan for my kitchen. This is the original builder floor plan we found (townhouse is about 20-25 years old). The flooring is tile and we do have about 15 extras . I would like to keep the flooring.

Background story- the house was decently maintained but certainly not updated and cabinetry is builder grade . Solid, but not lovely or my choosing. I entertained refacing and or painting, but we think we will change the layout and it starts not being worth it.

WHOLE AREA IS 19 by 14 ft 8 in. To the left is Family room.

We don't entertain often, but when we do we are very informal and l I guess we got used to doing these buffet style. So at least for now the peninsula works for that.

There are no uppers above the peninsula; it is open . The countertop extends 12 inches on peninsula so it is 36 inches wide and 8 feet long.

First part - definitely want to get sink out of the corner. It is 21 inches (interior) which surprisingly is not too too small but it is very shallow.

Option 1 is to keep general layout but make the peninsula a right angle and put sink along peninsula with dishwasher. I am not certain if I will keep the overhang on the peninsula. We also thought about maybe shifting the peninsula like 6 inches or 12 inches further towards the patio door to expand the U area.

Option 2 is to remove peninsula entirely and have cabinetry and sink go all along the wall that range is on. The issue is then that it is a long stretch and it seems an island would then be needed for workspace or for serving . The other thing is we really prefer to eat at a table. If I had a lot of space I would love counter seating at the island AND a table but if I have to choose I would go for table seating. IS that too cramped?

Still with me?

The other ideas which carry through to either option--

The area next to pantry closet (which is 53 inches wide and 24 inches deep) ---

A----should I move the fridge there? This would open up that run when you first enter the kitchen and give a lot more counter space there....... but even with a counterdepth fridge, it's going to just out in the new location when you enter. Also, not sure what else could go with the fridge if I move it. IT's more space than the fridge but really not enough to use for anything I can think of.

B- If I don't move the fridge there should I get a piece of furniture to serve as a coffee bar catchall and maybe some shelves above it OR should I get cabinetry there ( I have visions of glass uppers for display).

Although we came from a much larger house and kitchen we are actually ok storage wise. I would love display area (so some glass cabinetry or shelves) for pretty pottery and such that I have, as well as possibly some books.

So to summarize-

Keep peninsula?

Extend cabinetry all along wall?

Move fridge?

And then when we figure out layout- are you ready for this??? I can't decide if I want off white or cinnamony maple.

You asked- I shared. and I am forever grateful.

• lulu bella

I am able to save the floor plan to my idea book. Creatively titled Floor plan. But I cannot upload it here.

• bpath Oh Sophie

Do you use the dining room for dining, or do you prefer using the breakfast room for meals, including entertaining?

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie

Need help deciding on flooring for my ranch home with open layout

Stone and wood go well together - you don't need to have one only. Carpet can sometimes work well with it too.

Need help deciding on new build layout

We selected from the 40 or so models that this builder offers, then started talking about our needs/wants in modifying the layout. It's a bit different than a completely custom build from scratch, but we do basically have free-reign on the layout. Really, the way we have it would work on site with a back deck as we had originally planned, but with the pond at the side, we were thinking it might be prettier to have the outdoor entertainment space on the side instead. Our builder suggested tilting the house 45 degrees toward the pond, but my husband doesn't think the front porch would get as much use since it would be shallower/smaller than a side or back deck/patio. He also didn't like the idea of the house not being square to the woodline to the back and left side, but that's a personal preference.

Need help deciding on kitchen layout

They both seemed to be really well designed, especially for functionality which is so important in a kitchen. If you are remodeling on a budget, I would recommend checking out kitchen cabinets online. You can save a TON of money by purchasing online. If you're interested in speaking with a professional for some more insight, In Stock Kitchen Cabinets is available with Live Chat! Best of luck!!

Trying to decide on layout and design for new kitchen

You did not pose a question; but, I am going to assume you at least want comments. The first thing that caught my eye is the sink; it is not centered under the window. If a professional did this drawing, have them adjust their measurements. Is this a galley kitchen, L-shape, square? One wall is heavy with appliances. The opposite wall is very light but maybe that's the floor plan.
  • justerrilynn

Can you take a picture of the saved floor plan with your phone camera and post that way?

lulu bella thanked justerrilynn
  • lulu bella

We use the breakfast room daily and most entertaining. Since we downsized and had dining room furniture, it went into the dining room. Its tight but workable.

Are you able to see the floor plan from my idea book?

Will try that too Terrilynn- but this is just getting ridiculous.

• bpath Oh Sophie

I was able to see it only by tapping “download”. But I can’t save it myself to post.

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • bpath Oh Sophie

Try using “Houzz Photo” here in the comments, it should let you choose from your idea books?

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • lulu bella thanked cluelessincolorado
  • lulu bella

thank you clueless!!!! see it's really there. I really tried all of the suggestions. I have no idea why this file would not let me upload it as a photo or even from my idea book. Anyway thank you it's here.

• Kristin S

I empathize completely with the preference for sitting at a table rather than a counter.

How do you use the dining room space now? Would it work for that to become your main dining space of the breakfast nook became part of the kitchen, or is it too far from the kitchen for how you love on a day to day basis? How do you feel about a central kitchen table in place of an island?

lulu bella thanked Kristin S
  • lulu bella

It would not work to use the dining room as part of our daily use. I would prefer to use the kitchen/breakfast room . Down the road we talk about removing the half wall that is between the living room and dining room but for all my indecision, using the dining room for daily eating doesn't work for us. The kitchen/breakfast area I think is really large enough for that.

I have so much trouble being decisive so some things I can share are

We definitely want to eat at a table.

Would like some (even one) glass door cabinet and or shelf even at end of run just for display

Will be replacing appliances

Really don't want to replace flooring.

A central kitchen table might work. Haven't thought of that. Not sure I follow...

• justerrilynn

Back in the day some kitchen tables were right in the middle and the kitchen was designed around it. That little wall on the left of the slider could be a coffee station with little frig under for cold drinks.

One of these days I’m going to do something like this but use a big regular octagon or round pedestal table ...we are causal so no dining room. Instead of the paneled frig I’d do a huge antique walnut breakfront in its place. Thus...continuing the marriage of dining/kitchen.

lulu bella thanked justerrilynn
  • Kool Beans

Wow, good job!! I am a real novice at this so I apologize in advance if my thoughts seem over simplified, but agree that an L kitchen with an island in front would be ideal. They’re so much more efficient for cooking. What if you combine the breakfast and kitchen areas, remove the peninsula and extend the counter down to the wall where the glass sliding door is. Then you’d have a couple of different options as to how the island and table could be laid out. For a visual of what I’m referring to here’s some sample pics that kind of show what I’m visualizing as far as the island breakfast table go. If you stretch the counters across the back wall, you should have enough room to work with. I agree that if you shorten the walls leading into the living/dining rooms it would give you a deeper footprint to work with and basically flip the room around so that it’s all facing towards the other rooms.

• Kool Beans

Adding to JTL’s drawing and idea above, you could leave some of that wall and turn it into the pantry.

Can I also suggest that you change the flooring? I say that for a couple of reasons. First, if you’re going to be moving the layout, the tiling may not even be under the cabinets. Also, tile is very hard on the legs and not ideal for those who like to cook. Wood is easier on the legs and it also helps to warm up the space from a visual perspective

• Buehl

"Back in the day some kitchen tables were right in the middle and the kitchen was designed around it"

And many of us absolutely hated those Kitchens! I grew up with a Kitchen Table in the middle of the Kitchen. While I'm not against them on principle, it depends on how they're placed and the aisles around the table. We had around 36" aisles and it was a nightmare to work in! We were constantly in each other's way and if there was someone sitting at the table, we had squeeze to get b/w them and the counter or refrigerator (many an argument broke out among us!) We were not heavy people, in fact, we were considered "scrawny" b/c we were so thin! (The school nurse tried to tell my mother that we were too thin and that she should begin feeding us milkshakes with raw (!!) eggs, etc., to put weight on us! Thankfully, my mother knew better and ignored the nurse. She continued to serve meals that would pass even today's nutritional standards -- lean meat, at least two veggies at each meal, and, if needed, starch as a potato (for my dad who loved potatoes).)

IF you follow the NKBA recommended minimum aisles, a table is fine -- it's really no more than a table-height island.

However, that means at least 48" aisles b/w the table and the counters if there is seating on that side of the table.

• justerrilynn

Oh Buehl, my very fondest memories are of the table in the middle lol. There was ample isles though. The fun we all had there...it did time as a game table or during parties most chairs were removed and it was covered with delish food.

• Tricia Byrne

The vaulted ceiling over the breakfast area complicates the prospect of expanding the kitchen all the way along that right wall. You'd have to be careful about the size and orientation of the table and any potential island you added to the space so that the room would have good flow from all points of entry and still make sense with the different ceiling heights.

My two cents: if it's in the budget, axe the peninsula, extend the range wall *slightly if at all toward the breakfast nook, and add an appropriately sized island to house sink and dw. That way, you're not sacrificing the casual, family style eating area you use most often, you're getting better sink placement, gaining more open flow between kitchen and breakfast nook, not losing storage (peninsula storage and island storage might be equal), and don't have to worry about the ceiling situation.

• cpartist

So I'm clear. No walls can be removed or moved now. So all you're wanting is to redo the kitchen and keep a table in the kitchen area.

I would open it up since you don't need seating at the peninsula. Instead of a peninsula, I'd put a rolling cart/island in the middle. One that can be moved as needed.

I'd also put the fridge closer to the breakfast area, and the sink between stove and fridge for easier work flow. Next to the pantry put in a coffee/beverage center area. If you're willing to move walls, and/or use the dining room as your daily place to sit, that also opens up other options.

• lulu bella

Well I am peeking back in. Those are some gorgeous plans and gorgeous kitchens BUT.

Again we cannot move walls (these are load bearing and it's just not going to happen.

For whatever reason I also don't care for the island/table combo because it just becomes a big blockade to me. I really am not trying to be difficult but as attractive as they are I will admire them in your kitchen, not mine.

Justerrilynn I love the kitchen you showed but we really want to eat at a table. I think some of the walls and pantry closet got erased in your plan. That photo is to die for but I don't see it working here. :(

Koolbeans, I love your ideas as well, but see my comments about island table things. I also really like tile. I know it's not the cool thing now, but I had it in my last house and I really like the practicality of it. The hardness doesn't bother me at all. We have a very slobbery dog who is otherwise a dream but hardwood and slobber is not calling my name. I do like wood floors very much and if it had it here I wouldn't change it but .... just not for my kitchen. The images are gorgeous though.

Buehl- I am not opposed to the open kitchen but I just don't know about it. It has potential but we are not such neat people (well dh is a clutterlover) so having the table in the middle- or even an eating island, its not going to look pretty as a picture.

Tricia- I have thought about axing the peninsula and extending the cabinets part way down that wall- but then I think the island has to be pretty small. But that could work. I had not thought about an island with sink and dishwasher. I dont know much but it doesnt sound like it would be super functional? Again, part of why I am open to the peninsula and or island is for additional counter space , serving space, work space. The sink island frees up other space but I think I would prefer to serve from the island. Interesting idea. I need to think on that a bit more.

CPartist- I have not thought of moving the fridge to the other end as well as moving really all the sink dishwasher and range but this is very intriguing. The only thing that I think might be off in your plan is that the floor plan shows the 9 feet for the vaulted area but that is not quite so. The 9 feet is measured from the wall (with the patio ) to the cabinet on the peninsula. That has a 12 inch overhang and that still comes about 2 feet from the break in the ceiling line. Does that make sense? So pushing the sink dishwasher etc to that break in ceiling line might work but the eating area is then much narrower. I guess it's ok if there is no cabinetry there anyway...

I think the fridge at that end is making a lot of sense.

This is all so interesting to me. I had actually started to think that the peninsula made sense. No one seems to be embracing it.

Wow this forum is amazing. I have had about 4 kitchen people come to give ideas hoping one would really grab me and your ideas are all great. I am blown away.

• bpath Oh Sophie

I rather like cpartist’s plan, just a simple L. I’m not sure about the refrigerator there, though, I know it follows “ice water stone fire”, but it also takes valuable dish storage, and I do like having my dishes and glasses near the dishwasher. My fridge and cooktop are on the same wall with about 14” of counterspace between, and its handy for grabbing condiments or wine to add to a sauce, or food that’s already been prepped, frozen veg, etc. (and that iced of countertop is also where we keep the coffeemaker, close to the milk!)

The L is a nice open kitchen, room to move around, but you still have the wall separating a bit from the LR.

At at any rate, I do think that even with the vaulted ceiling you could add 12”-deep lowers and uppers along the wall from the kitchen to the slider. You could even incorporate drawers for specialty serving utensils, candles, lighter, pens, batteries, and glass uppers for your display. Countertop for a cookie jar!

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • Buehl

Lulu...Personally, I agree with you. I'd rather have the place where I eat a bit removed from the Kitchen and the meal prep clutter. However, some people love having their table in the middle of the Kitchen...it's their Kitchen and works for them.

• lulu bella

The thing is when you enter the room, (from the foyer) you will see the fridge.. so as I vegetate on this, not sure I love that. Also from the living room, it looks in and will see fridge (and the whole wall I guess).

.interesting though you say to add 12 inch uppers and lowers. How does that bridge to the rest where the fridge and sink and dishwasher. are.

You can tell I am a novice here. Do you mean after where the fridge is to then do 12 inch cabinets? Very interesting....

• bpath Oh Sophie

Lulu, I was thinking of the shallow cabinets without the refrigerator there.

But, I do like a peninsula. Would it work to have the refrigerator in the space next to the pantry, and the range where CP showed it? Make the peninsula shallower, no overhang, and move it back towards the breakfast room. I’m not at a device where I can draw it, sorry. I know folks will say the fridge will be too far, but the peninsula will be the landing zone. And, do you do more casual, cold meals or maybe only need heating in the microwave, or do you cook most of your meals? We really cook only dinner, and an egg for breakfast, other than that we are fridge/pantry to plate folks. It all depends on your own style.

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • cpartist

My original thought was actually to extend cabinets also on the other side of the fridge along the whole wall into the breakfast room too.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • bpath Oh Sophie

That would work great also with regular-depth lowers! So much storage, great place to keep the beer glasses, too, close to the beer ;)

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • cpartist

Here's another idea that is similar but hides your fridge from both the foyer and the living room. The pantry is smaller but additional stuff could easily be stored closer to the breakfast room in the lower cabinets. Uppers would end where the wall starts to break between kitchen and breakfast room.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • justerrilynn

Cpartist, I like that one a lot.

lulu bella thanked justerrilynn
  • suero

Can you put the fridge next to the pantry, take away the peninsula and movethe sink closer to the breakfast area? You can extend the base cabinets to have a serving area on the breakfast area wall. Ignore the fridge on the bottom wall, make that a cabinet.

lulu bella thanked suero
  • cpartist

Can you put the fridge next to the pantry,

That's similar to what I did but if you put it next to the pantry, you also need a spot to put grocery bags on or if you take food out of the fridge a place to set it down.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • Kool Beans

I understand about the tile floors. I’m not against tile, just there are some things that people don’t consider before installing so I thought I’d throw that out there. I don’t know what some thing like this would cost, I usually don’t suggest fixes that are this big, but....have you considered maybe expanding the outside a bit to add more nook space? Again, just pictures of what I envision as an option...but seeing the deck outside of that space kind of make me wonder. Then you could easily have a larger kitchen as well as a breakfast area.

lulu bella thanked Kool Beans
  • bpath Oh Sophie

It’s a townhouse, so they might not be allowed to add on like that.

lulu bella thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • cpartist

I doubt they'd be allowed to do that since it's a townhouse.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • Kool Beans

My apologies, I didn’t realize or remember reading that part

darn!

lulu bella thanked Kool Beans
  • cpartist

No need to apologize Kool Beans. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've thought I've read through an OP's opening thread, made a suggestion only to realize the OP already explained why they could or couldn't do something. :)

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • Annie Deighnaugh

Some things to think about. Do you sit at your peninsula now? Do you use it for sitting during a party? Do you use it for serving buffet style? If so, you will be losing that seating/serving area if you lose the peninsula.

You can move the sink and fridge like cpartist's 2nd rendering and keep the peninsula as it is so you can keep the table area as it is too. I like that as it centers the range on that wall which is visually pleasing as well as functional as, for me anyway, having at least 2' counterspace on either side of the cooktop is essential.

Also, keep in mind what you want to see when you walk in from the DR and LR. For example in suero's plan, you can be looking at a sink full of dirty dishes, where as in cpartist's 2nd rendering it's hidden from the foyer and the DR & LR.

Re cabinet colors. I like both...I've seen both well done. But I and 2 GFs went with the wood tones in our kitchens because we like the warmth and the coziness. My other GF went with white as her kitchen got very little light and she likes brightness. So maybe thinking about how you want the space to feel will help you decide.

Fun project no matter which way you go though!

PS...something seems screwy in your dimensions in that the kitchen/nook area makes a box so the dimensions should be the same in width but they're not.

lulu bella thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • lulu bella

Well, so much to absorb and think about. The insights and ideas here are just wonderful, really. I know I wrote a thesis and I totally understand missing something. Yes it is a townhome, and we cannot expand out (and really trying to keep things simple).

Regarding the peninsula - we do not use it for seating although I have thought about just getting some backless stools just for that option and not to be in the way. We do use it somewhat for serving buffet style. I originally thought about keeping the peninsula but not having the overhang - and then several people said it was a nice feature to have so I am on the fence if we keep Peninsula would I still have the extra overhang (it could not be more than 12 inches overhang which I know is not optimal for eating but for staging and entertaining it can work. what a mouthful).

I am still trying to decide if it makes sense to keep peninsula and also to understand how involved it would be to relocate sink, range, fridge ($ talks as they say). It is a trade off; this is a lovely townhome in a very nice area and I would like to love the inside as much as I love the area,,,,,but again, it's a townhome. I am prepared to spend to make it nicer -but I do not feel a $$$ re-do ,which would be lovely, is prudent or justified.

Trying to discern which layout you mean Annie and about keeping peninsula- you wrote---

I am not following totally and it sounds interesting to me.

• Annie Deighnaugh

I'm talking about this one...

Instead of running the cabinets all along the wall on the right, and adding the big island, keep the peninsula, like you have it now. If you leave a foot of cabinetry to the left of the cooktop and then have the peninsula come across (above the word 'kitchen') you would have room for a lazy susan in that corner.

You'd be moving the sink and the fridge, but the range may only move a few inches....should be quite doable.

lulu bella thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • lulu bella

thank you Annie for the explanation. This (along with several other renditions) was one of the original layouts we thought of, as far as the peninsula and the lazy susan in that corner and giving more counter next to range...but for whatever reason it was never suggested to move dishwasher and sink to the wall where the fridge is currently. I have to digest this again, but I think I do like it because at least then the peninsula would be all usable counter. I just wonder what will be to relocate plumbing to the other wall. Definitely liking this. I think.

I liked each one of the plans actually- that 's my problem.

Indecision rules. :)

• cpartist

Get a moveable island instead of the peninsula. That will give you the option to use it for serving but also to move it out of the way as needed.

My issue with the peninsula is it tends to close in the room and limit you with the table too.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • lulu bella

While a moveable island sounds good I am not sure where I can move it out of the way. Space is not cramped but it's not plentiful.

I definitely see the point about the peninsula closing off the room. I do recognize that you are really quite knowledgeable and I appreciate your taking the time to look at and make suggestions. Your input does carry much weight, cpartist.

• Annie Deighnaugh

We use our island as a way of closing off the kitchen and that's intentional...I enjoy talking with people while I cook, but I can't stand having them in my way. So this way people sit at the island and aren't in my way when I'm busy getting the food ready. We also use our island all the time for large family dinners as it makes for a great space to spread the food out buffet style.

I think your peninsula can serve the same function, esp if you have the overhang and some stools underneath.

lulu bella thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • lulu bella thanked mdln
  • cpartist

You can build a moveable island that can actually fit under the counters in the breakfast room area or even become part of the breakfast room counterspace. When you need it, you move it from the breakfast room. When you don't need it, you move it back underneath.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • cpartist

The reason I do prefer the more open L layout versus a U shaped layout is it's so much easier for more than one person to be working in the kitchen at the same time when it's an L shaped layout.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • Annie Deighnaugh

mdln's sketch is more like what I had in mind, though I'd want the fridge centered on that wall...even counter depth would stick out into the doorway too much and there could be traffic/clearance issues with the door opening by the end of the counter.

cpartist makes a good point...so much depends on how you use your kitchen...if it has to accommodate two cooks at once or not...

lulu bella thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • lulu bella

I guess I am at indecision central. I am honestly focusing more on how it will all look. I keep thinking is it worth it do spend the $$ and I want it to really be lovely and warm and inviting. I agree that a peninsula does cut into the space, but I think it works.Maybe if I did just move the sink and dishwasher to the wall where there is only cabinetry now (where the fridge is) ...

More often than not, there is one cook, but it'is nice to be able to go and get dishes or food and not be in each other's way.

That about the fridge still sticking out in the entry is what made me less inclined to move it ther. If the wall is 53 inches wide then maybe it would work but look funny =huh- to have the fridge there and a little bit of counter next to it. I guess it wouldn't be big enough for coffee bar.

Maybe I am beginning to like it where cpartist had it (where I said I would be looking at it from the living room. And if I did contineu some cabinetry along that wall, oh I just don't know. I was so hoping to get a clear decision or consensus but really you have all given valid options. Each has its appeal. Someone mentioned FOMO (fear of missing out). HELP

• damiarain

Here's a mock up of CP's version where the fridge is next to the sink... can't do the vaulted ceiling with this viewer (so that might be an issue)

- 15" deep cabinets in the nook area with shelving above

- large, movable island in the kitchen

- 48" of drawers/pull-outs for pantry wall

- obvs the fridge would be hinged the other direction =)

I'm not sure I'd be worried about seeing the fridge from the living room - I assume a large majority of your furniture is turned to face the fire place anyways ... plus it's a fridge. It's useful and awesome. So what if you can see it =)

Tried to superimpose it onto your floor plan...

lulu bella thanked damiarain
  • cpartist

Lulu whatever direction you go it will look great so please take a step back and figure out how you work in the kitchen.

The most efficient kitchen I ever had was almost the exact same version as the first one I did for you. The one Damiarain just showed too. I was young, in my first house and trust me had no room for even a moveable island, yet that kitchen worked like a dream with my not so DH at the time helping.

Food would come out of the fridge (I had no pantry) would move to the sink to wash the stuff, and then I'd prep between the sink and stove. My kitchen was so small and old I didn't even have counters on the opposite side of the stove but it still worked. It was a pleasure to work in. So much so that I basically duplicated the flow of that kitchen in my new build house kitchen.

Now your mileage might vary of course.

Do yourself a favor and in your mind walk yourself through how you'd like to cook whatever meals you do cook. Then if you do any baking or anything else cooking related, walk yourself through that too.

What's missing? What would work best?

Do you ever entertain? If so a more open kitchen might work better for those wanting to help.

Maybe I am beginning to like it where cpartist had it (where I said I would be looking at it from the living room.

It's a working part of the kitchen and if you box it in, it looks like it belongs.

And if I did contineu some cabinetry along that wall, oh I just don't know.

I like the idea of continuing the cabinetry because it does allow for lots of extra storage and I'm all about storage space. If you want to define the two spaces you could put up a short divider wall between the two spaces.

I was so hoping to get a clear decision or consensus but really you have all given valid options. Each has its appeal. Someone mentioned FOMO (fear of missing out). HELP

We all suffer from that at some point when we start putting together a new design but eventually we have to figure out what will work best for us.

One other consideration is the idea of keeping it in budget so you don't over improve for the complex.

lulu bella thanked cpartist
  • yeonassky

To reinforce in a way what Cpartist said, you won't be missing out if you figure out the way YOU work.

You will be missing out if you pay too much attention to other people's ways.

If you don't know how you work video tape several cooking sessions and make notes about frustrations, annoyed feelings, hesitations in finding things and satisfied feelings etc. Also of course note how you move about in the space.

I use the video taping in dog training and when learning a client's organizing needs and shortfalls. It works!

lulu bella thanked yeonassky
  • lulu bella

Such incredibly valuable wisdom and dare i say understanding my indecision. I am truly so thankful. I have lots of thinking to do. I do think you have given me some outstanding plans and I appreciate your comments about going with what makes sense for ME. Have to cogitate on this and hope that within a day or two I can make a decision.

You are the best- I say to the collective here. Each contribution is so appreciated

• Annie Deighnaugh

lulu, do try to model the new kitchen as best you can, be it laying out newspapers to mark new locations or whatever, and then move around in the space like you're making breakfast or lunch and see how it works for you. We did that before we built our kitchen and it was a tremendous help.