erin_parriott

Repose walls with Mindful Gray Cabinets?

Erin

Hi,

Would there be enough contrast if I used Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray on my cabinets and Repose Gray on my walls? I looked at Dorian, but it is too dark for my space. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give!

• Jen S

Honestly I think that may be too much gray. Those colors are closely related I think. I had repose in my kitchen and dining room and mud room. I had light French gray in my living room With Chelsea gray painted on the fireplace. I ended up going with classic gray (almost a white beige gray) two years later bc it was just too much gray for me. And I looooved repose, but just all the gray made me want for something lighter. Something to consider when doing gray on gray, is all. Just my thoughts!

Why not make this a lot simpler and alot more lasting do white cabinets then you can have whatever gray you want for walls

• Erin

Patricia Colwell, I would love to....but all of my appliances are stark white. :(

There are hindreds of pictures of all white kitchens take a sample of the appliance color to a paint store and have it color matched.BTW if you had been one of my clients I would have tried hard to discourage the white appliances there are too many whites and it forces you to buy all from one maker and that IMO never is a good idea.

• celerygirl

Why not? I think it would work. These are two colors in the same strip( family). One is tone lighter. It would be monochromatic and nice.

• cat_ky

I think the gray would work too, as long as you put some real color into accessories.

LB Interiors

It's difficult to help with specific colors, as they read differently from store sample, computer monitors.

I would want enough contrast between any 2 gray colors. The kitchen will be primarily all gray, is that the look you want? For me, enough contrast can be pretty.

Repose Gray & Mindful Gray - your options

LB Interiors

Any neutral trend colors eventually get over used. Everyone's home updates has been lots of gray. After awhile it gets tired.

Gray is slowly dwindling as it has had it's day. All trends wane.

Trend is what encourages the choices available (manufacturers) the ever-changing accessory and furniture purchase choices, .

Paint is the easiest to change, so that's a good thing.

There will always be trends, so for me, I propose design options with the client's taste and preferences in mind. Ultimately, it's a choice to be on trend or individual. Selling a home is different.

I like to see clients have their own personality in their homes. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean it's the' correct choice'. There is no right or wrong when it comes to what someone likes and prefers.

Design is all the colors of the rainbow and beyond.