Software
Houzz Logo Print
bahram03

Help with reseeding my lawn.

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I barely have any grass left in the front or back of the house. Personally I would dig up everything in the back and make a bunch of beds or rows for vegetables, but its not my house. My parents would like to have the lawns fixed. There is a lot of weeds that have grown and we have damage from animals digging for grubs. It would be a lot of work to get done buts its something I could do on my own for them. The whole lot is 40x100.

  • What are the easiest ways to uproot everything?
  • How do I find native grass for my area? (NYC - 11366)
  • Do i need any special tools or can I hand spread?
  • Do I buy name brand seeds or are the cheapest options just as good?
  • What specific things should I be aware of before and while doing this to avoid making common mistakes?

Thanks!