juliany_gw

Debra - Dearest Valentine progress

Julia NY

Just wanted to let you know that DV is doing okay and keeps growing new foliage. It is planted with Maui Sunrise and Blue Ridge Butterfly daylilies on one end of the sidewalk bed. I do not expect any increase this year but we shall see what next year brings. Our winters can be very tough so if it can make it here, it can make it anywhere :).

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Hope you don’t mind Julia, I’m adding an update for two seedlings from Debra’s garden. Thanks Debra, they are doing great! EB x GW has added a fan, four now!

Sherry

• Julia NY

Sherry: What is the cross names? Looks good.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

I guess they are hard to read on the photos, here goes, First is Emperor Butterfly x Great White. The second photo is Chance Encounter x Never Been Kissed. They were added about a month ago

Sherry

• shive

Julia - Dearest Valentine is looking good for this time of year. I usually get increase on a few fans after it reblooms here in the summer. But most of the increase comes in the early spring. It will be interesting to see how it does with your winter temps. Being a dormant, I would expect it to do better for you than it does me. It should be enough cold to build a larger crown.

Sherry - Those seedlings look great! You must be feeding them well! :)

Debra