Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azerphire

15' x 20' Great Room - Large Wall Ideas

azerphire
4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have a 15' x 20' great room and I am looking for advise on what to do with the long wall in the room.

I have three ideas for what I can do but would be open to other suggestions as well

1. Create a custom 11-12' entertainment unit (15-18" deep at the bottom, 12" deep everywhere else) to go around the TV and provide storage for toys, media boxes, etc. If we do this I would be removing the two cabinets on either side of the fireplace. The one concern I have with doing this is that our kitchen is on the other side and has cabinets running along its whole 20' stretch. I am worried that both walls of the house will have cabinets on it and will look like too much.

2. Similar to above but only creating the lower cabinets under the TV and then using floating shelves or art/wall decor to fill the rest of the space around the TV.

3. Updating the fireplace to be floor to ceiling with stone or tile and then mounting the TV on that. Doing this would allow me to hand the TV a bit lower. I would then update the cabinets on either side of the TV and move the couch to the long wall and put artwork or some kind of wall decor above it.

Thanks in advance

Comments (4)