Software
Houzz Logo Print
gloria_broadus

What's making these marks on my Kale seedlings?

7 years ago

Can any one tell me what is making the marks on my kale seedlings? I may have put them in a little too soon but wasn't expecting more 90 degree weather here in the Atlanta suburbs. I am going to a add row cover but I still wanted to plant some more seeds. I've looked on line but can't find anything that matches these markings.


Thanks!

Glo


Comments (2)

  • 7 years ago

    Leaf miners. The culprit on the Brassicas is usually a tiny fly which lays its eggs into the plant tissue; the young larvae make the serpentine paths as they feed.

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you so much! Once I looked leaf miners up on line sure enough that's what I have. I will try the neem oil and if possible pinch off the leaves that appear infected. I will get the row cover on this week!