FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

doesntcount

Winterizing drip irrigation

doesntcount

I have a drip irrigation system hooked up to a 3-valve manifold with a pressure vacuum breaker assembly. I live in Canada, so I'm worried about the frost in my drip irrigation system. I just bought a serious compressor for the job of blowing it out. I've tested it on my lawn sprinkler system by blasting 50PSI through it and ensuring that all the sprinklers blow out, so I know that works.

For the drip system, my plan is to remove the end-cap on the 1/2" poly mainline and fire 25PSI through the system to blow it out.

However, my concern is the several branches of 1/4" distribution tubing that branch off that main line. They have 1 and 2 GPH emitters on the ends. Will they not be damaged by the frost as well? Is there anything I can do about all of that other than disconnecting all of the distribution tubing?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.