Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_47303

Once crappy carpet and ugly drywall. Check out this before and after

7 years ago

A once-in-a-lifetime transformation to an office/den. 60 coats of high gloss automotive clear on these walls and ceiling are a beautiful showcase for this Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams furniture and accessories. #MGBWhome #DoniFlanigan #InteriorDesigner #InteriorDesign #LuxuryDesigner

Comments (27)

  • 7 years ago

    Wow. Spectacular results!

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Wow! That is impressive! Beautiful!

  • 7 years ago

    amazing

  • 7 years ago

    I’m guessing the gloss was sprayed on?

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Beautiful!

  • 7 years ago

    I'm in love. Did I read correctly? Did you say SIXTY coats?

  • 7 years ago

    I’d compliment it, but those walls are so slick it would slide right off.

  • 7 years ago

    ok so 60..why 60 and really after say 30 can you really see a difference?

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Because I was getting rid of all orange peel to have that Rolls-Royce automotive finish we sanded between each 20 coats with 400 wet sand. After the last coat we sanded with 1000 grit, 2000 grit, 3000 grit microfine then buffed, Like a show car. The results almost brought my clients to tears

  • 7 years ago

    Though I think you did a terrific job I think you did over kill. My friend has a high end body shop (what I mean by high end is ferrari's, lambo's, ect.). I spent a few summers helping him out and they never put more that 3-4 coats of clear. Because after 3-4 coats you don't see a difference anymore. And this is for something thats going to be used out in the elements not indoors. But, good job nonetheless.

  • 7 years ago

    I have to ask...can you give us a small hint as to how much 60 coats of automative paint, with sanding in between costs?

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    This was about $75,000 including furniture as well

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Tony Montana thank you for your comments keep in mind that metal is flat wood is textured and porous it drinks up this clear like you wouldn’t believe the first 20 coats that we did almost disappeared into the word itself. Also remember I’m using the clear as a substrate to fill in the gap’s and Bentleys and Rolls-Royce the metal is the gap it’s flat and almost perfect. But good point every 20 coats at least five or six layers are sanded off to make my finish almost perfectly flat

  • 7 years ago

    That is a show stopper! I would love to see a few more photos if you have any more of the finished space. How many gallons of clear coat did you use?

  • 7 years ago

    Doni - Thank you for sharing the info. Hubby and I guessed well into 200K. GORGEOUS and very impressive.

    Also ditto what Lyndee asked about sharing more pix.

    Thank you!

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    It is impressive, for sure!

  • 7 years ago

    Oh, I thought you were sanding between all 60 coats.

  • 7 years ago

    Ditto here Tony. But I think even sanding between the 20 coats is still too much - BUT def. worth the finished product!

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Ha!! I don’t think so

  • 7 years ago

    where is the before?

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    White Berber carpet and pale yellow walls

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Extremely impressive. Total wow factor!!!!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Thank you lampsUSA.com !!!!!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Vary nice and impressive! Awesome job!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Awesome!

  • 6 years ago

    Fabulous job! Beautiful room!