Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (8)

• Gred
    4 years ago

bluemoonlight, I started watching it but had to attend to something else. Are there cliff notes?

• bluemoonlight
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I don't get what are you asking Gred ! How far did you watch it ?

Posting that video I was thinking if anyone here experimented with this kind of containers.

I am thinking to buy a few just for the experiment.

• bluemoonlight
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I even checked the meaning of cliff notes Lol.

I dont know if there are some cliff notes.

If the video is to long I browse through it, if something sparks my interest I watch 10 min at the time.

Nice of you to comment Dave.

By the way do you have De La Reina fig tree ?

Or Grandham Royal ?

• TheyCallMeDave
    4 years ago

We learn something new everyday eh. No, I don't have either fig. Are they any good? Similar to any variety I might have? I want to limit the amount of trees I have for the next couple of years. Space and time are limited.

• bluemoonlight
    Original Author
    4 years ago

"Space and time are limited for me too !

Iam traing to graft on to some of my existing trees, or get rid of it and get a new variety.

Our summers are getting shorter and my BrowBrown Turkey not ripening to my satisfaction, I got tiered of it so I am looking for something new.

And old members f4f Paully22 from Chiliwack is growing Grandham Royal, so he is recommending G Royal as a good candidate for growing it in BC.

• Gred
    4 years ago

Regarding the cliff notes, it is a common expression where I'm from to ask for the main points of a article, document, book, or even a movie. I thought you may respond with the main points you gleaned from the presentation and spare us having to watch the whole thing unless we had a better idea that it would be something we could make use of. I hesitated to explain this so as not to be perceived as condescending.

On the other hand, I believe I heard him mention grow bags which I'm considering next season. Bluemoonlight you have also made me consider grafting, as I also have very limited growing space.

• bluemoonlight
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Gred, Dr Carl Whitcomb is talking about Root tips traper containers and how important is roots structure for successfully growing tree in ground or container.

I found it interesting to watch, although it was hard to listen to hem as he must have some kind or respiratory problem.

Here is a way shorter video 2 min and 36 seconds, that I watched today.

https://youtu.be/y302bBQAYDE

You mention that you are planning to use fabric containers, that is exactly what I wanted to tray and then I found that long video.

I decided to buy a few (3) Roottrapper containers instead fabric once.

Two years ago I made air pruning container, I didn't like them because it was hard to keep them from drying out.

Some if my trees stayed in airpruning containers whole season, then in next spring I removed then from air pruning containers and I must admit the roots didn't wind inside container.

Ups this is getting too

long !

Chat next time ; )

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor