writinglover0101_10b_scali

Seedling Chive Paper Cup Molding?

Hi! I planted some chives last week and noticed that although my chives finally sprouted, the bottom of the cup seems to have started molding. What should I do other than putting it in the windowsill since it has finished germinating? Or is it even mold? Am I just worrying too much?

Comments (6)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

What the heck? I mean, what kind of system is that? The image is a bit blurry, actually.

• writinglover0101_10b_scali

It's a paper cup... I'm in college and one of the events was to plant seeds but like I think the paper is taking up the water and not drying out quickly enough. I imagine I need to repot it sometime but do I need to do it now so that the seedlings don't get affected by the mold? I ended up having to compress the other one so hopefully this one is better

That's how far they are along... the tallest is MAYBE an inch tall, so I'm not sure if repotting it would be a good idea right now...

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Mold on the bottom of the cup is nothing to worry about. It won't affect the plants. Usually people use plastic rather than paper cups. They don't absorb water.

writinglover0101_10b_scali thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

@floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK thanks for letting me know so I don't stress out over them! Yeah, I would have used a plastic cup but my friend planted it for me lol

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268