Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Looking for 'Loops Pride' and 'Hahnii 'Crested'

I used to own Loops Pride a couple of times and it rotted both times after a few years. Winter time is worse and must be kept very warm and dry. Biggest thing I do is over water. I do know better but still do it. Hope to get lucky the third time around.

Russ promised me a Crested but gave all he had to someone who was suppose to divide up and give to several of us here. She never posted again and kept it all. Hope it is doing well for her and hope she is doing well.

Tried buying but hard to find. Found the Loops Pride but was sold already. It was more than I wanted to pay anyway. About $40.

I know some of the generous old timers don't post here anymore. Wish they did. It was great hearing from them.

While looking up Loops Pride, saw some of my pictures of mine. Maybe that's why Houzz protects our pictures from being copied.

Comments (16)

• barbmock
    4 years ago

Hi Stan, I sent you an email about this. Are you using Verizon or Comcast these days? I have both addresses.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Barb, got it. For now I'm using verizon but may switch back to comcast due to price increase. Stupid cable bill is too high and mostly junk on tv anyway.

Why is it we love the ones that are most hard to grow. Maybe it is to prove something to ourselves. Lets face it, if it was easy, every one would own them and they would be plentiful. Once you own one, it no big deal.

• The Silent Seed
    4 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have either one (would like to!) otherwise I would happily send you some.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked The Silent Seed
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Well that's the fun of the hobby. Looking for something you don't have.

• RoNin Lo
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I hope you can get it。

Sorry I no this

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked RoNin Lo
  • shana_lee29
    4 years ago

I hope some one comes along with plants to send your way and that photos and experiences are shared. I am hoping to bring more Hahniis into the home ones with their differences from others, ones I don't have. I just love these guys. The crested would fit in nicely, if opportunity presents, though I want to see others have it first so I can learn from them. I have my heart set on a yellow variegated parva for next year, maybe the year after, if I can find one. If I come across a good deal, I'll pass the info on to you.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked shana_lee29
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Shana saw one of the crested ones with a nice tiger stripping. Wow, overseas and not for sale. Called hahnii Gaster. Brings in the fun looking. I'm not really all google over this. Just if it happens okay if not so what.

• shana_lee29
    4 years ago

When I look at Hahnii, it feels like looking at jewelry. I don't have any jewelry, and I think I would rather have plants. The overseas plants are really something to look at, for sure. I will enjoy what has made itself available to me, until and if I find something I have to pounce upon, while I try not to kill that pale, petite Gold Hahnii I rotted the roots off of this Spring! I love to see see photos of plants that people grow as prizes just because they have it in their hears inclinations to do so. Reminds me something. A post of yours from a few years ago: Plant Trade or Give Away. I had to find that again. Crazy, crazy, insane reproduction! Still floors me a little.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked shana_lee29
  • Basia K
    4 years ago

You sigh over plants shown at a Russian site, and my sansa colleagues here (Poland that is) dream about plants raised in Indonesia or Thailand :)

• woodnative
    4 years ago

Stush, Roberto (above) is a GREAT person to trade with. I highly recommend it. Shana Lee I have yellow parva........remind me next Spring.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 thanked woodnative
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I don't think I got anything of great value to trade with him. He probably has everything I got.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Chris, I lost your Yellow Parva. That was a nice start with a good root system. I can't figure out why?? Killing me to know why. That makes about 3 attempts now. Maybe I kept it too dry. One day looks great, then two days later, all rotted and gone. Hahnii going great.

• The Silent Seed
    4 years ago

Stush,

I am sorry you lost them. I think you are right about keeping them too dry, if that was the case. I find that the narrower / thinner leaf plants can't take as much drought. (I would be curious to learn whether they live in wetter areas in nature.)

What type of hahnii are you growing?

Have a great day! Jude

Original Author
    4 years ago

Jude,

I have every hahnii except Loops Pride and the crested ones. I don't have anymore of Silver Frost. That one was hard for me as well. Solid Gold is a new one for me and so far is doing excellent. I just got one called Philippine which is a light green/yelllow type.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Roberto Mangani I have no way of contacting you. I don't see a message box on your page.