cdscola

BOM for November

Char
October 31, 2019

Here is the BOM for November, but I have to admit I have had no time at all to put one together and likely will not before the weekend. Work has been eating up all of my spare time and then some :-(

My apologies to all for not including a picture of a finished block.

Based on my experience with the previous block I posted in July, I think this one from the same free pattern site will go together similarly. This block is called Woven Star. Enjoy!

Woven Star quilt block pattern

https://www.patchworksquare.com/mf/woven-star-quilt-block.pdf

I will try to get one completed before the end of the weekend :D

char

• nannykins

Nice block Char! I finally finished the baby quilt and am now hand sewing the binding, so now I can get at this. And I realized yesterday that even though I chose the Oct. block, I didn't make one, I only showed what I had done for a Lotto. Maybe now i can do it. Life!!!

Theresa

Char thanked nannykins
  • Char

Agreed. Life sometimes takes us too fast. I do t know where the past month has gotten to!

• msmeow

I like it! Thanks for posting. And reminding me that I didn't make an October block yet. :)

Donna

Char thanked msmeow
  • nannykins

Well, I finally had an hour to myself so I worked on this block. I will admit that it was a bit of a challenge. Since I am only using blues and yellows, it was hard to find two of each with enough contrast to show up. And I think one of the yellows should have been darker. And you will also see that my flying geese are not too crisp. but for a first try, it will pass the ten foot test.

Theresa

• msmeow

Very pretty, Theresa! I can't wait to see your blue & yellow quilt. I'm using magenta, green & brown for mine.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I have one made, too. Theresa, When I looked at mine I was thinking to ride by quickly on that horse. lol

• nannykins

I made another one this morning. What not to Do!

The first block needed a darker yellow. Now this block has two fabrics close in value and that doesn't work either. I will try another tomorrow and then call it game over. I actually numbered my fabrics and numbered the printout just to keep everything in order. And I still had to take a break to give my head a rest. There really are two different blues and yellows. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Love the block Char and if I weren't working with such limited colours, it would have been much easier.

Theresa

• Char

I am still trying to find time to finish my BOM for both October and November! I did sit at my machine today and did some free motion quilting! Felt really good! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

• nannykins

Number three. I have figured out that my problem is the yellows.

But this is probably the best of the three.

Theresa

• bev2009

Theresa, must admit you have me a little scared. But I appreciate the pointers and heads up. I sometimes can struggle with the colors. We'll see what I come up with.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Since I'm using up pieces of floral, I wasn't sure how this would look as the pattern uses a light and dark of 2 different colors. Anyway, this is it. :-)

• Char

I think it looks great! I love the fabrics!

• Char

Theresa, all three of yours look very nice! And you have three more made than I do!

• nannykins

Sharon, I can see the woven effect very well using your florals. Better than my colours.

Theresa

• bev2009

Very pretty, Sharon. Here's mine.

• loisflan

I love looking at all your blocks, Ladies. Will you be assembling them into a quilt sometime soon? I'm anxious to see the finished products.

• nannykins

Hurray Bev. I can definitely see the woven effect with your colours.

Theresa

• bev2009

Theresa, your comments were definitely helpful in selecting the colors. Thanks.

• msmeow

Nice blocks, everyone! I will be making mine this weekend.

Lois, my plan all along has been to put these blocks together in a quilt for Project Linus. I should be able to start assembling it this weekend.

Donna

• msmeow

Here is mine:

My light green doesn't have enough contrast with the background.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention when cutting, but I ended up with a LOT of leftover triangles.

Donna

• Char

All of your blocks look very good! Donna , your green is a subtle contrast, but I can still see the woven effect in the block. Finally here are mine.

I had to do some persuasive pressing on my second block for some reason. It didn't seem to go together as well as the first...may have been a bit off on my measuring. >.<

• nannykins

Really, really nice Char.

Theresa

• Char

tyvm ;-)

• bev2009

Donna, I can see the woven effect. Char, yours are both very pretty.