Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sukranbahar_sener

Help with prayer plant curling leaves/drying

Hello,

I have had this prayer plant for a couple months now, and it was doing really well. I live in Seattle so recently it got pretty cold and it was in front of the window so I suspect it may have gotten too cold, since I do open my window to air the room out sometimes. (The window is facing west) I was scared of overwatering my plants and I think I may have also left it too dry. I have been noticing that it was "closed" more often but with closer inspection today I realized that it was getting pretty dry and all the leaves curled upwards. I gave it a good watering and put a little water under the pebbles in the pot (it has a smaller plastic pot with drain holes, then sits on the pebbles of the larger pot, which are about 1/4th in water so the pot doesn't touch the waters). I also set it away from the window on my desk with a small humidifier next to it. The leaves are already opening up slightly, but I still wanted to ask about some suggestions. Should I give it a second good watering soon?

Thank you, all advice appreciated!

This is when it was doing well

This is today after I moved it away from the window

Comments (2)