Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (20)

  • 6 years ago

    Ahhh. I think this is gorgeous! Love it. Love how sleek it is, but still feels warm, inviting, and comfortable. That can be tough to accomplish in a room. The mirror is the shining jewel here, I think it’d be a bit bland without it.


    Goodness, those chairs look so soft! I’d like to be invited to dinner here if their toilets have handles.


    (I went to their Instagram, am drooling.)

  • 6 years ago

    I think it is beautiful in a photo; but I would never be comfortable conversing or eating in front of a wall of mirrors. It is difficult enough to not be self conscious in social situations--let alone with your every gesture reflected back to you.

  • 6 years ago

    It's fabulous!


    I know there are polarized opinions about mirrors in dining spaces, but when done right (as here) they are elements that facilitate the overall beauty of the space. I don't know of anyone who would stare into that mirrored wall and watch themselves or others chew; in fact it's there to enhance the sparkle and festive spirit of the room. I think it succeeds wonderfully.

  • 6 years ago

    I'm a fan. Very NYC where mirrored walls are often used to make small apartments feel larger.

  • 6 years ago

    hmmmm.....the reflection doesn't look right

  • 6 years ago

    Looks great!


    Now, Let’s see it with real size people sitting at the table.

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Good luck to the guest who has tee-many martoonies.



  • 6 years ago

    I like it - but - so much beige!

    I like mirrors in general. I like the way they brighten a space.

  • 6 years ago

    I don't like mirrored walls.

  • 6 years ago

    Nope, I wouldn't have it.

  • 6 years ago

    I'm with carol. I like the mirrors but not all the beige. And for a very beige room, it reads more cool than warm to me.

    I wonder if chocolate brown dining chairs would make me like it better.

    I do recall one fairly long thread about mirrors in a dining room. The folks who don't like it are very passionate lol.

  • 6 years ago

    I agree with the "too much beige", plus it does NOT make the ceiling look any higher, and the ceiling height is what bothers me the most. Or maybe the mirrors make the ceiling look lower.

  • 6 years ago

    I like the room, and the mirror -- as long as I am seated with my back to it.


    What appears to be two levels to the ceiling is a little distracting.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    There are two levels to the ceiling, and that bothered me too, especially because in the mirror, there appear to be three levels. I think the mirrors make the lower level of the ceiling look even worse.

  • 6 years ago

    Pretty! I love that chandy!!

  • 6 years ago

    No, no and no. I can't imagine guests not taking peeks at themselves all through dinner.

    It feels dated to me. "Let's make the room look bigger by putting in a wall to wall mirror."

    I love neutrals, so the beige doesn't bother me.



  • 6 years ago

    It reminds of many of the model homes I viewed in the 80s and 90s.

  • 6 years ago

    Not a fan.

  • 6 years ago

    First glance reminds me of my in-laws house when I first visited in 1990, right before she redecorated. They used to have almost the same mirror and chandelier. Actually she still has the chandelier. Of course the rest of the room is different, but that is what I think of at first glance.