bayarea_girl

Augusta Luise, another perfect rose

bayarea_girl

Augusta Luise (TANgust/Fox-Trot/Hayley Westenra/Rachel), a hybrid tea rose bred by Hans Jürgen Eversin (Germany, 1998) and released in Germany in 1999. The 6-inch blooms are in peach and light yellow and age to salmon-pink with strong, fruity, sweet fragrance. The blooms have ruffled edges and have up to 50 petals. This rose is very healthy in my garden. Helen

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

Unbelievable that's just unbelievable! Especially to see if plants filled with those blooms. I'm humbled!

bayarea_girl thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • BenT (8a Dallas, TX)

Beautiful pics, I especially like the 2nd to last pic...such a complex center with all the swirling colors. And I always enjoy a full plant pic....amazing it can grow so well in such a narrow space, I only see that in California, it seems.

bayarea_girl thanked BenT (8a Dallas, TX)
  • bayarea_girl

Thanks Vaporvac and Ben.

Vaporvac, this is rose is just amazing. It's perfect :)

Ben, this rose lights up that spot beautifully. Helen

• katyajini

You temptress you. Now I have to get it too!

bayarea_girl thanked katyajini
  • bayarea_girl

Haha, katyani, PalatineRoses is the only nursery I know that sells this rose to US gardeners, but it is sold out. You can order it around September next year. Helen

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

I think Peter Schneider offered this earlier in the season so he does grow it. In fact I think someone on this form is having it propagated for them. It's worth asking anyway.