Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_32963844

Would like help deciding a kitchen cabinet color. Thks

6 years ago

I just installed new countertops and will install Luxury vinyl plank flooring soon. I need to paint my cabinets now. They are a Caribbean white and need a facelift. Thank you.

Comments (13)

  • 6 years ago

    I’m not replacing my cabinets, just the color.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    You’ll end up choosing a color from your stone, neutral, light, that harmonizes with the floor tile as well. It will be similar, not quite the same as your current color. It kind of begs the question of whether you need to paint at all. This is SW 7004 Toque White next to your stone. I’m looking at the lightest beige in the stone, that’s what you’re aiming for.

    you are there in person, what looks right to me may not work out irl, but the strategy is a good one - for your backsplash tile as well. It is similar to your current color but it’s a little more saturated and less yellow



  • 6 years ago

    Just wondering if a taupe would look good?

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Can you fill in the holes where the pulls are installed on the doors and use knobs??

    Like this. See the positions in blue.

    Right now all I see is the handles and they are distracting from the cabinets.

    They have an odd placement. The pulls on the drawers are fine, but for uniformity you can do all knobs so you see less of the pulls and more of the cabinets.






  • 6 years ago

    I’m not a professional... I like the color of your cabinets with the stone. The handles in the middle of the cabinets really bother me, though. In my opinion, they should be knobs in the corners. If you are set on repainting them, this can be fixed.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Taupe would be fine, but the space will look darker. Choose your taupe from your stone. Bring home a color wheel of paint samples and go from there. This is SW 6112 Biscuit.



  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Do you know the name of your granite? I bought a house with that exact same granite in the kitchen, but have never seen it before. I'd like to know what it's called. Thanks!

  • 6 years ago

    The handles have to go. And the exposed hinges. You probably need to upgrade your drawer glides too, to get them to work better. Focus on making that happen while you buy sample colors and wait on the 8K cabinet finishing professional to have an opening in February. You don’t want to be using plain old latex paint on those, or DIYing.

  • 6 years ago

    The granite is called autumn leaf.

  • 6 years ago

    Absolute no to the taupe.

    Go with the lightest gray-white color in your cabinet and color match that. Check BM Edgecomb Gray, but hard to tell with pic, or Classic gray. This will cool down and balance the warmth in the countertop. If you want to try brighter (off-white) look at BM Steam. But try to match that lightest color in your stone.

    I would do a similar color backsplash, elongated subway/something simple, with same color grout (or lighter grout).

    Absolutely change handle locations on cabinets, putty the holes where handles currently are in the middle of doors. Put knobs on cabinets in the corners, handles on drawers (as Filipe mentioned/showed). Current location makes them look extremely dated, plus poor function.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks so much. That’s kinda what I was thinking and possibly a light beige? I am leaning towards a light gray as you mentioned. I am installing 4x8 karina wavy travertine tiles as the back splash/ walls with gray grout. I will look at the BM steam and edgecomb gray. They do have a good selection as well as Lowes Valspar. Thank you so much!

  • 6 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I definitely am going to remove the handles and relocate them to the corners as many have mentioned. I’d love to hide the hinges but the cabinets won’t accommodate them to the inside as much as I can tell. Can’t wait till this project is complete