Software
Houzz Logo Print
mrscotta

Please help with Paint color

13 years ago
My new living room is taking me in a direction I really didn't plan on going but I am liking it. I am struggling with paint color. Is the current white ok or does it need to be replaced? I threw the red pillow in the last picture so you could hopefully see the green in the curtains....Thanks

Comments (17)

  • 13 years ago
    I love your new look. Neutral walls are great, you have enough color and the clean look is very relaxing.
    mrscotta thanked Jerry Steward
  • 13 years ago
    I would add some green pillows to the couch to pick the green up from the curtains
  • 13 years ago
    I have to agree with the comments here....your room is awesome and done, except for some pillows on the couch. GREAT job!!!
  • 13 years ago
    What is your main focus in this room? Perhaps furniture could be arranged differently depending on what is on the other sides of the room we are not seeing. The room is very calm, perhaps too calm.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks everyone, after agonizing over paint swatches I realized I like vanilla best :) I will try to go bold in the entry behind the leather chair.
  • 13 years ago
    Maybe you do that in ice cream shops, too! :) I like the idea of a bold entry and sure hope you share it!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would have put the furniture in a u shape in front of the fireplace,two matching chairs together and the club on the other with couch in the middle as far as color I would blend with the drapes a shade or two lighter to get a open
  • 13 years ago
    May have gotten too confident with the entry way, but now I'm too tired of painting to change it. I wanted some texture but I feel like it looks Tuscan and clashes with the Traditional. I am going to focus on the dead corner of the room. I don't want more furniture, maybe a plant but that seem outdated, but then again so are the chairs :)....any ideas? P.S. we do not want our tv over the fireplace.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    It looks like you had fun and I really think you will enjoy the color. May I suggest moving the tall lamp a bit as it looks like it is the stem almost for the top of the painting. I would maybe even try a bulkier lamp there and a tad shorter.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I LOVE big plants in a room and all they add to it. You do have the perfect area for one and it would not fight with a thing in your room. Would you ever consider floating shelves there? Just a couple, but far enough apart to prop some big frames and some objects you love together, layered.
  • 13 years ago
    Should I put anything on the wall with the tv? I am looking for a longer and slightly taller tv stand. For shelves, Do you mean the narrow ones and a multiple of lengths?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I do not like anything to compete with tvs, as I just feel like things on the wall around it will do that and become a distraction while I am watching it. And if you go taller, the tv truly is the wall decor then.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Yes, I mean the narrow shelves and maybe the darker color to show up on your walls and match some other things in your room. I would find two the same length to stack....long enough so they do not look dinky on the wall and enough space between them to prop some nice sized frames.
  • 13 years ago
    I love the color addition in the entry hall. I agree that the tall lamp placement is awkward. And a tall beautiful plant would add life to the room.
  • 13 years ago
    You might also bring more color in the room with art.
  • 13 years ago
    Green walls, darker than the curtains, for contrast. Like this picture, but reversed.
    Vincere, Ltd. · More Info