Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Do You Have Snow?

My ground is covered in snow. It is in the upper 20's right now and is to get down to the mid teens tonight. Where are you and what is your weather like?

Sue in Central Indiana

Comments (40)

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I'm in the far reaches of the mountains of Northern California and today is sunny with a temp of 80 degrees. We don't normally get snow until late December/early January, but usually by now the weather is cooler and our fall rains have started. We've been averaging about 10 degrees warmer for the last three weeks.

Every fall, I look forward to the leaves turning color. I not only love to see all the colors and patterns, but I use the leaves in jewelry designs and art projects. This year, because it is so dry, all they did is turn brown and crunchy while still attached to the trees. I'll have to use the leaves I have leftover from last year for this year's projects. It was really disappointing.

Edit to add that I don't mean to sound so whiney - the weather is gorgeous and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Hopefully our rain will be here soon!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • Rose Pekelnicky
    4 years ago

NW Pennsylvania here. No snow yet but we are expected to get some tonight. Yesterday my son put winter tires on my car

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • arcy_gw
    4 years ago

MN--12 degrees going to 1 tonight. I should be around 40. We have a dusting of snow. It's been falling and blowing off and on all day.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked arcy_gw
  • two25acres
    4 years ago

SE Wisconsin with about 4-6 inches. I'm at work about 35 minutes south of home and they have about 6 inches here. It's coming your way Marilyn_Sue. Winds are really whipping up as well.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked two25acres
  • chisue
    4 years ago

We have about three inches north of Chicago. It's 28F at 5 p.m. and will be in the low teens overnight. More cold predicted, then a warm-up by the end of the week (40's). This is our second snow, after six inches on Halloween.

Lots of traffic accidents reported. We had freezing rain immediately prior to the snow.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked chisue
  • marylmi
    4 years ago

Had our first snow today, maybe 3 or 4 inches. A pickup went in the ditch just up the road, another first for this season. Northern Mich.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marylmi
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

Supposed to get about an inch tonight. At work so hoping it doesn't start until after I get home.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Kathsgrdn
  • Lars
    4 years ago

We don't have any snow in our mountains either, and it was 93° in Cathedral City today but only 73° where I am in Los Angeles. I am also looking forward to the rainy season, which will not amount to much in Palm Springs but should bring a fair amount in L.A. The mountains I can see from our house in Cathedral City are over 10,000 feet, and so they generally get snow each winter, and so I am looking forward to being able to see that from our pool. From our house, we can see the San Gabriel Mountains, which have several peaks over 9,000 feet, the highest being 10,064 feet, and they also generally get snow in the winter.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Lars
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

We're supposed to have freezing road problems with very little snow and in the teens. Middle Tennessee

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • lisa_fla
    4 years ago

Not a chance here! I wouldn’t mind if it did though.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lisa_fla
  • kathyg_in_mi
    4 years ago

We've got 4 to 5 inches and it is cold, but it is Michigan!

I have a 2 hour drive south tomorrow to take a friend to a doctor appt. Hope the roads are clear by then. Picking her up at 7:15am!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked kathyg_in_mi
  • functionthenlook
    4 years ago

Not yet. It's coming tonight. Rain first then snow. Only an inch. So there will be ice under the snow:(. Hubby went hunting so clearing is my job and of course the shovels and calcium is still in the shed. So I will have to drag it up to the garage.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked functionthenlook
  • bengardening
    4 years ago

ours started at 2:30 yesterday morning. It snowed and blowed off and all day. I think we ended up with about 2- 3 inches. Everything is white. More tomorrow and Wednesday. I think it rained before the snow though, I started out for church 9 miles over and it was icy and I turned around and came home. This is the second time we have had snow. We were also supposed to have a Bunco party yesterday too. We cancelled it so the older people wouldn't have to drive in it.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked bengardening
  • jemdandy
    4 years ago

SE Wisconsin: 22 F with 4 inches of new snow overnight and morning. Clearing tonight, temperature expected to 9F at 6am tomorrow morning; Wind chill -4 F. Fall has gone and winter is here.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked jemdandy
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

Well, went home in sleet pouring down. Stopped in Kroger to pick up a few things and came out to blowing snow. Only supposed to get an inch but it's going to be icy in the morning. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.

• Olychick
    4 years ago

Is this typical for those of you getting snow, or is it super early? Seems early to me, but we seldom get much snow in the lowlands this time of year in the PNW.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Olychick
  • bpath
    4 years ago

Thank goodness I could stay in today, north of Chicago. DH shoveled our driveway so the garbage man could get up and get the trash. I texted my dad’s snowplow guy last night to confirm we want him to continue doing their driveway this season, and I’m sending him a check in the morning. Of course, my city plows took their time getting to our street, which is still icy.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked bpath
  • schoolhouse_gwagain
    4 years ago

Snowing right now at 10:20pm. in Northeast Ohio. The weather man said one to three inches but not sure we'll get that. Maybe towards Cleveland they will.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • bengardening
    4 years ago

I live in SD Oly and I don't think it is that early. I have seen it in September some years. Every year is different.

• Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

I think it's a little early, by a week or two. Central Ky here and we usually have a white Thanksgiving.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    4 years ago

Coastal Wash and we have clouds, 48F and rain predicted overnight.

I think I can only remember one Thanksgiving with snow. Or, at least snow the week before that came close to spoiling people's holiday travel plans if driving, then cleared in time, thawed for the holiday.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • lily316
    4 years ago

It surprisingly was 67 today and all I have heard about for days is the arctic blast. Husband played golf and I worked in the yard in short sleeves. I think it's raining now but it's in the 50's so it won't turn cold until after the precip has gone.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lily316
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We have a two hour school delay today and it is 12 above right now, may fall a bit lower. The ground is well covered with snow. I don't know how much we got.

Sue in Central Indiana

• bengardening
    4 years ago

It's 4 here now. I was from Bismarck and it is -7 up there.

'

• Michael
    4 years ago

Two hour delay here too. Not much snow, 3 inches, but walkway pavement is iced over and very dangerous.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Michael
  • localeater
    4 years ago

Midcoast Maine we got a dusting last night, it’s not that cold here, just normal cold, 28.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked localeater
  • Judy Good
    4 years ago

West Michigan here. We got about 6" overnight last night. All local schools are closed, visibility is also bad. I am in hog heaven, LOVE the snow.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Judy Good
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

Most of town is icy. This is from the inside, out of the front window.

So no, not really snowy

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • Lukki Irish
    4 years ago

South East Michigan and it’s 19 degrees outside and we have at least 9 inches of snow on the ground, which is record breaking for this area. Usually it’s Judy’s side of the state that gets hit the hardest, but not this time. I like snow and most everything that comes with it like how warm and cozy our home feels and watching our dog run around in it, it’s when I have to leave the house that isn’t so fun.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Lukki Irish
  • bpath
    4 years ago

We’ve had snow this time of year before. We had snow on Halloween this year which is unusual but it does happen every so many years. But it’s record-breaking cold, single-digits. I recall one Thanksgiving when we went skating on our pond, which would have entailed at least a week of 10 degree weather beforehand.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked bpath
  • Rose Pekelnicky
    4 years ago

Here is my snow, more to come later today.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

SW Ohio 3 inches of snow, 19º and staying very cold until Thursday.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • tami_ohio
    4 years ago

North central Ohio and I have about 3". About 30 miles west of Cleveland. 26° and supposed to get more.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked tami_ohio
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

I don't like the cold weather either. I hurt really bad!

It's currently 3 7 here and for north Houston that's cold for daytime!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • Cherryfizz
    4 years ago

We had 24 hours of snow in Windsor, Ontario.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Cherryfizz
  • Lukki Irish
    4 years ago

I took these yesterday, now there’s about 6 more inches. I’d never lived where it snowed until we moved here 13 years ago and now I never get tired of seeing how pretty it is, especially with the Christmas trees.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Lukki Irish
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    4 years ago

Yes! And it is COLD! Unfortunately, yard man is coming tomorrow and there are lots of leaves - all covered with a bit of snow - enough that blowing them is going to be a big problem.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Anglophilia
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    4 years ago

Awoke to an inch or so, and under that--ice on the windshields. It snowed off-and-on all morning, under depressing gray skies, but not much more accumulation.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • cynic
    4 years ago

The ground is white as of today. 1/2" maybe. That's it for now.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked cynic