Software
Houzz Logo Print
theroseaddict

Do you grow these ?

Just finished planting these :


Comments (20)

  • 6 years ago



  • 6 years ago



  • 6 years ago

    I envious you got Cinderella! That reminds me I need to order it for spring. Its such a girly pink!

  • 6 years ago

    I grew Beverly, a fabulous rose with gorgeous blooms and a really nice fragrance

    You have so many nice ones


  • 6 years ago

    Kristine i also planted Dee- Lish .. i got Cream veranda on clearance for 11 bucks coming in the mail this week

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I have Cinderella and Beverly. Cinderella’s foliage and arching habit are nice. I am still not getting the cup shaped flowers, and I have had her for a while. She is definitely scented, although it’s not an award winning scent to me. Beverly is more of an upright hybrid tea. She doesn’t have a huge petal count, but the scent of Beverly left me on the ground with my socks off. If I were to describe it, I would say passion fruit. She is so strongly scented that I think it blocks my nose for other scents. Both are trouble free here.

  • 6 years ago

    Kenneth:

    Those are some “in your face“ plant tags. Who is the grower?

    I have PE. If I had a do over, I would choose something else. Too much down time between what Chris (here) termed “ distinct flushes”.

  • 6 years ago

    I have had Cream Veranda for 3 years and it's color goes anywhere from cream to pink to peach

    I think you will love it, especially at $11


  • 6 years ago

    Agree ^^^. CV is very productive and healthy all season.

  • 6 years ago

    Hmm...i hope they expand the line of roses for hot climates, and make it available here in Europe. AND that it includes LOTS of violet,lavender,and true, non-reddish, deep,dark purple ones!

  • 6 years ago

    I have PolarExpress and Cream Veranda. Polar Express is a bit more yellow than I was wanting but it’s young so I’m hoping the color improves. Fragrance, health all fine.

    But CreamVeranda is WONDERFUL! Happily growing in a pot, it would probably like more sun and more fish emulsion but it keeps chugging along! Doing great!

  • 6 years ago

    Give Beverly plenty of room to grow!

  • 6 years ago

    I have Beverly. I absolutely love her fragrance. She is disease resistant.... however, chili thrips love her.... she is the rose that I have to watch the closest....

    but that said, I intend on getting another one of her because I would like to make a huge bouquet of those lovely fragrant roses.

    I also have Polar Express.... but I just won it our rose society raffle and don't really know much about how he handles my climate yet.

    Sharon

  • 6 years ago

    I have all three, and like them all. All three are bullet proof growing no spray. I do not have C F any more as it balled terribly in rainy weather. All thee grow big and tall with CF being a real monster. Give it lots and lots of space. CF has the worst repeat out of the three.

  • 6 years ago

    Beverly is a very good rose here.

  • 6 years ago

    Polar Express is on my s/p list unfortunately .Mine is in full sun ,one year in the ground on Fortuniana root stock and throws octopus canes and rarely blooms .

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Hey Kenneth, I *think* you and I have talked about roses over at the PW forum on FB a few times. LOL

    Nice choices!

    I have Cinderellas flanking my driveway.


  • 6 years ago

    I have Polar Express and Beverly in central NJ (zone 7a), and both own-root. Beverly is every bit as awesome as how all those who grow her rave about - disease resistant, fragrant, care-free. However, Polar Express is not so. Although very disease resistant as advised, Polar Express is very stingy with bloom in my garden, even in her third season with me. So I'm SP-ing her next spring and put something else that blooms more frequently. I thought my experience with Polar Express was related to my soil condition of heavy clay. So I'm intrigued to see pink rose from FL having the same experience - long octopus arms and rarely bloom.

  • 6 years ago

    There are better roses thanPolar Express. Cinderella is beautiful in warm climates but where there is a lot of rain....