Software
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Bosch Flex Induction Questions

6 years ago

so Ive had my cooktop a little over a month. so far I love it BUT I wish they made videos on how to use the different buttons, like Boost or flex. I have the booklet but it is confusing.
I was shown almost a year ago when I purchased it but cannot remember everything and they no longer have one in their showroom to help me.
For boiling water do you hit the boost button and that is it? I know you touch which unit first then the number 1-9 for what heat you need. So for boiling water do you hit the unit then boost?

Comments (4)

  • 6 years ago

    Depends, do you need to boil water that quickly? Not familiar with the controls on your model, however typically you would boost until it comes to a boil and then bring the power level down to where you need to maintain. Does yours have a control that reads "boost"? If so select the hob you want, press boost and see if it activates the hob. You should know in a relatively short amount of time. Most units will only drive the boost feature for 10 minutes and then shut it down to the next lowest setting (usually high) to prevent the hob from over driving and burning itself out. Also preventing humans from forgetting they left something on boost and boil all the liquid out of the pan. subsequently damaging/destroying the cooking surface or worse burning down their home.

    NewEnglandgal thanked kevinande
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    NewEnglandgal, forgive any mistakes and shortness. I've got the flu and feeling ick. I've got Bosch w/ Flex and love it. Here is how you boil water more quickly - but keep in mind, if you've got 2 or 3 burners going, the Speed Boost to boil won't work as there would be too much power already going. It will just go to the highest number. If you have another burner going on high heat, again, it doesn't work as too much power is in use.

    Oh, and my fingers made smudges : )

    Speed Boost to boil water:

    3rd Photos for Uploading · More Info


    Flex Induction - I use this all the time for my griddle and teppanyaki, or when I need to use my big oval roaster and the other large burner is in use:

    3rd Photos for Uploading · More Info


    And that's how you join the 2 flex burners so they act as one.

    ETA: For the Flex Induction, you also need to select a temperature. Duh!

    Be sure you already have a pan or griddle on your burner.

    Back to bed. Hope this helped!

    NewEnglandgal thanked 2ManyDiversions
  • 6 years ago

    "For boiling water do you hit the boost button and that is it? I know you touch which unit first then the number 1-9 for what heat you need. So for boiling water do you hit the unit then boost?"

    1. Select the zone (aka unit). 2. Press 'Speed Boost'; the "b" indicator lights up.

    To turn it off, press "Speed Boost" again.

    NewEnglandgal thanked wdccruise
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you so much everyone and 2many my deepest sympathies for you having the flu! Please feel better soon and rest! Thank you for taking the pics and showing me even though you are sick! Pictures really help!