Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colleentaricani

Provenza LVP Cool Classic

colleentaricani
4 years ago

Hi does anyone have photos of this flooring installed in their house? The sample looks like the exact blonde white European oak I’ve been searching for. But on the Provenza site the color looks really different. It’s from the Concorde Oak line. Here is the sample in my house.

Comments (87)

• User
    3 years ago

@colleentaricani do you have anymore pictures you can share with furniture now?

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sure! I love these floors. They are gorgeous. So light and exactly the light white oak look I wanted.

• User
    3 years ago

Thank you thank you thank you! I love them as well! Can’t wait to see ours installed in March. I’ll post some pics when ours are installed as well! They look so real. I’m glad they don’t have that usual plastic shine some LVPs have

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here are a couple more. They don’t have that weird shine! You will love them!!

• User
    3 years ago

This is so helpful! Thank you so much!! The house we are building has a lot of the same finishes as your picture! Haha we are using the same tile on your bathroom wall and also doing a white kitchen with a waterfall! Love it!!!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That’s awesome! Love the Cloe tile so much too! And our kitchen is my favorite! Waterfall counter just makes the space!

• Cynthia Cunningham
    3 years ago

@colleentaricani how are you liking the Concorde Oak line? Any issues with footprints or smudges? Do they feel nice when you are barefoot? Considering Royal Crest in Concorde Oak over the Moda Living line. The Moda Living seems to have a lot of strange repeats in some of the colors.

• Scotty D
    3 years ago

I have a question on the install, did you float it or glue it down, your floors look great. I’m starting an install in two weeks and I have to decide between float or glue. Also did you run the flooring under the cabinets? The color you choose looks perfect.

• merriebeth437
    3 years ago

Colleen, your floors look great! I still haven’t decided but demo has started and I’m going to have to soon.

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi thank you all. No footprints or smudges. Only weird thing is sticky stuff tends to be harder to clean up but discovered goo gone works for that. They will scratch but it takes a lot to scratch them. We found this out the hard way when one of our contractors pulled out our refrigerator and didn’t take care when moving it over the floor. They feel really close to real wood to me when barefoot. We floated the floor and did put them under our kitchen cabinets. We had our contractor do the install and it was really quick. Stairs took a while though. Hope all that helps!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I should add I really love this floor and the Concorde Oak line. I agree that the moda living line tends to have obvious repeated patterns. I also think this line has a better color variation throughout which makes it look authentic. I am so happy with the result!

• Yekaterina Goryacheva
    3 years ago

How much do these cost (approximately)? Cannot find any pricing info... thank you!

• User
    3 years ago

@yekaterina you can find it online for about 3.99/sqft on lumberjackdirect

• User
    3 years ago

Ours is finally installed!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Looks soooo fantastic!!! Look at that island!!! Love it all so much!!

• User
    3 years ago

Thank you Colleen! I love it as well. I wasn’t going to go with granite but found the perfect slab.

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It’s really stunning! Floors look great with it!!! What is your wall paint color?

• User
    3 years ago

It’s sw snowbound! I was a little worried at first, but it compliments everything really well.

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

@colleentaricani @User I love the photos of your floors. We just ordered Cool Classic today. We originally wanted Royal Crest but they are backordered until late June which would set our finish date for our new build back a month. I had not considered Cool Classic before b/c the photos of it on the Provenza website look so dark but I saw your photos and went and picked up the sample and is so light and beautiful in person. Would you say it leans really gray or is it subtle? It is definitely a lot lighter and cooler than Royal Crest but it's a beach house so that may work out just fine! Here's some of our colors (tile, fabric) on it so you can see how it looks with our choices. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks!

• User
    2 years ago

@jmjohn59 oh i absolutely love cool classic- and i agree, it does not look anything like the pictures from Provenza. I would say they are warmer than gray for sure. They honestly look so natural too- I’ve already took some people through our new construction and everyone things they are real oak hardwoods. Amazing product for such a good price.

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@jmjohn59 you will love them! They aren’t gray at all. I live at the beach and they give a really beachy, bright feel. They will look great with your other selections! They are really light and I also get so many compliments.

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thanks! I do love the sample so am hoping I like it as much when it is everywhere in our new house. Taking the sample over to the house tomorrow to see how it looks in the gray of the Oregon coast! Due to be installed in 3 weeks.

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

@colleentaricani @User Floors went in this week and I LOVE them! Thanks for reassuring me that I would love them!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow!!! They look so beautiful!!! So glad you love them!!!

• ellieduong
    2 years ago

@colleentaricani hi, thanks for postong all the pics of cool classic! they look great! someone said they look rustic in person with all the grain. do you find that to be true? i thought i was set on sweet talker but now....

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I don’t think they look rustic. My house is pretty modern and beachy. I feel like they are too light to be rustic. The grain is not overpowering in person. Just makes them look realistic. Hope that helps!

• ellieduong
    2 years ago

I should have prob ask @User and @jmjohn59 too! thanks in advance’

• ellieduong
    2 years ago

@colleentaricani thank you! really appreciate it!

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

I wouldn’t describe them as rustic either. Our house is very light and bright and they are perfect

• ellieduong
    2 years ago

Thank you thank you! My husband and i decided to go with cool classic today only to find out that it may not arrive in time for our install. so we can either push it back or go with royal crest. @jmjohn59 you mentioned that this was your first choice. how would you compare it to cool classic? thanks again!

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

I’d say the royal crest is more rustic than the cool classic. Funny that you can get the royal crest but not the cool classic - opposite was true for us. I feel like it was meant to be as I love the way the cool classic looks in our beach house. Both are great though - just depends on whether you want lighter or a bit darker floors.

• krisclark3
    2 years ago

I LOVE those floors. I am doing a medium to light gray stain on my cabinets. How do you thi k they would look with gray? I don’t want gray floors, I just want something to complement the gray.

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

I think they’d look great with gray cabinets!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I agree they will look great with gray!

• karibullard
    2 years ago

@colleentaricani, I am wondering if you would mind sharing the color paint you used in your living room space. I am looking for a white color to go with our Cool Classic floors and haven't found one yet that I love. Your floors look amazing!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi sure! All my walls are BM Chantilly Lace!

• krisclark3
    2 years ago

How is the repeat for Cool Classic? Thinking about pulling the trigger for 2600 square feet!

• jmjohn59
    2 years ago

Not sure how to answer that - take a look at the pics tht have been posted. We installed it everywhere in our new build except for one bathroom and the laundry room. It looks fabulous!

• krisclark3
    2 years ago

So you don’t notice a lot of planks that look alike?

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’ve been living with it for a year now and I don’t notice repeats at all. Once you put your furniture, rugs, etc. you really don’t notice each individual plank anymore. There are some other provenza colors that have some very obvious markings but this color doesn’t.

• K K
    2 years ago

I love your flooring! I am between First Crush and Road Trip from the Moda Living line but after seeing your post Cool Classic might be the perfect compromise. I have not seen Cool Classic in person wondering if you could describe the wood color? Have you seen First Crush... if yes how would you say Cool Classic compares? I am looking for a light white oak with a hint of gray.

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! I was choosing between Cool Classic and First Crush. I have seen photos of Road Trip online and that color looks good. I chose CC because they were lighter and I really wanted a bright, light space. But First crush is really good looking. It’s so hard! I bought a box of each first crush and cool classic and moved them all over the house to see how they would look at different times of the day. And cool classic won but it was a close call. They are similar.

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hope that helps. Really you can’t go wrong with any of those three colors.

• K K
    2 years ago

Thank you for your response. I have been staring at the same two samples for months I love them but I am unable to commit. I‘m so over looking but I do need to see Cool Classic in my home. Do you see a lot of gray in CC or just a hint? Does the flooring lean on the cooler side? Thanks again!!

• colleentaricani
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I don’t see gray in CC at all. It does lean on cooler side. The biggest difference between First Crush and CC is First Crush is much darker once you lay it all out. First crush is a medium brown color. CC is a light blond white oak look.

• K K
    2 years ago

Great! Thank you for the explanation!

• maxineshell
    last year

More pictures from anyone please! I'm looking for something that has both warm and cool tones, some tan with gray cloudy parts, ok if some white too. Want to avoid too yellow or too gray. Thanks a bunch!

• Vamshi Yelavarthi
    last year

@colleentaricani can you provide an update a year later if you don't mind/any problems with this flooring? Kids/scratches? Thinking about it for a new build. Thank you

• maxineshell
    last year

FYI for anyone looking, the pictures on the Provenza webiste of Cool Classic look NOTHING like the samples. The website photos are more chocolate taupy looking. And even the two samples I got, including a large sample board from a store and two smaller samples from Provenza look different from each other. One is way lighter with taupy markings, the other is darker wtih almost black markings.

• j_mathis011
    11 months ago

does anyone have more pics of cool classic or royal crest installed?