3 months ago

Rose - Olivia Rose Austin · More Info

Comments (13)

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

You are out doing yourself with these recent threads! This is one rose already on the future permanent list. Thanks for such outstanding landscape shots. :: ))

Hoang Ton thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • Hoang Ton

thanks for your kind words vaporvac, that's a window view from my dining room, i ordered some more olivia rose austins to group them up and hopefully they will fill the window view with gorgeous blooms

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

So beautiful!! I love Olivia . It’s one I would do a hedge of if I could!

Hoang Ton thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

So beautiful Hoang, one of my favorites

Hoang Ton thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal

Thanks for posting such a beauty!

Hoang Ton thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • kentucky_rose zone 6

Hoang, Olivia is a great, healthy rose and you captured its beauty with your photos! Mine gets pretty big and what an elegant view from your dining room. Everyone will want to sit facing the window!

Hoang Ton thanked kentucky_rose zone 6
  • flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Most of you are in warmer zones. How well does it perform in z5 and under? I've gone back and forth on this one. I think I want it, but do I dare?

• kentucky_rose zone 6

Good question. I am zone 6. Maybe plant in a more protected area of your yard/garden?

• dianela7bnorthal

Definitely a wonderful rose in beauty and health. Flowers I wish I knew of someone on a zone 5 growing her, but I don’t think I do. Maybe you give her a try? :) it might turn out to be perfect.

• Krista_5NY

I've been growing it in zone 5 for a few years, it's compact but hardy, a wonderful rose.

Thanks, Krista. With that good report and Dianela's encouragement, I will give her a try if I can find her locally.

• palytoxinz5il

I am in z5b, and Olivia has been great in my garden. Not completely cane hardy, but good enough to become my favorite, and good enough for me to order a duplicate, which I rarely do.

claire

That's reassuring to hear, Claire. She looks too delicate to be very hardy, but sounds like she can be grown in colder zones, just maybe not to the same size as in warmer zones, but that's true of almost any rose.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268