FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

dave_adams59

Certainteed Cedar Impressions siding questions

Dave Adams

I am thinking of having my home sided with Certainteed Cedar Impressions (shake) siding and wanted to see if anyone has feedback on if it is a good product or if there are other siding products to consider? I was originally thinking of Certainteed Cedarboards insulated (lap) siding and have gone back and forth on style between lap and shake siding. I like that the Cedar Impressions is made from polypropylene versus the vinyl of the Cedarboards. The person I spoke with at Certainteed thought that the Impressions would be better than the Cedarboards as far as sound reduction as it is a much thicker, denser product than the vinyl siding. I live near a busy road and reducing sound is a priority.

Also, wanted to see if there are any thoughts on house wrap vs insulation underneath the siding. I also ran across the following article https://www.proudgreenhome.com/blogs/benefits-of-insulated-house-wraps-vs-other-insulation-methods/ which touts the benefits on insulated house wrap and wanted to see if anyone has an opinion about this. Thanks!

Comment