Software
Houzz Logo Print
william_smith6007570

Apartment Living Room Layout Inspired by Round Cuddler Chair

6 years ago

I have been struggling with my apartment living room layout based on the only piece of furniture that truly love. This is the round cuddler chair from Zgallerie ( https://www.zgallerie.com/p-10166-cuddler-chair.aspx ). I am looking at several options to compliment this seating option (see attached photos). And I would like the ability to change around the seating every few months if possible. Can you help me decide by answering the following questions:

  • Which option works better for this space, a sofa (w/ ottoman or chaise) or sofa section (angled)?
  • ......Should I pick traditional sofa with arms and ottoman......Or, traditional Sofa and armchair?
  • ......Should I pick an angled sofa sectional with arms......Or, an angled sofa sectional without arms?
  • Would you suggest any other layout options to consider?




Comments (8)

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Is this to scale? How are you going to pull out those dining room chairs and sit on them if that cuddle chair is that close?


    Can you tell us how many people live here, how much seating do you really need?


    Looking at what you have there without knowing your family make up I would say just get another cuddle chair, put them both on the top side of the coffee table and call it a day. You don't have room for more furniture.

  • 6 years ago

    I was thinking this as well. But I really want the option for more seating as I have friends over as well.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    You can mix up 4-chair arrangements, so I agree that is the solution for you; can be a very boho or eclectic style, or more conservative. Use an upholstered ottoman with tray as the coffee table and you have extra seating if there are more than 4-5 of you. Keep the cuddler positioned toward one of the corners or it will visually eat up the space. It will hog the stage anyway, so keep it under control.

    Hard Loft Space · More Info



    After Dinner Room · More Info


  • PRO
    6 years ago

    I don’t think the cuddler belongs in a space where you have guests so move it to the bedroom and make your LR much nicer for entertaining.All these are is a rename of a chair and 1/2 which IMO was the dumbest piece of furniture ever right next to loveseats

  • 6 years ago

    Cuddle chair in corner by window. 3 other chairs, maybe even swivel ones. Or 2 small foot print swivel chairs by dining table and a something with wood legs for contrast near cuddler. Otherwise I think you’ll have a lot of bulky furniture stuffed into a room. And as is in your drawings, your dining chairs can’t pull out and of course you can’t move your cuddler constantly.
    Living in an apartment with DR/LR as one space often necessitates smaller profile furniture or fewer pieces.

  • 6 years ago

    I like misecretary's layout. Or you could use a love seat or small couch where the two chairs are...pulled away from the table enough to get the dining chairs out. But I think Cuddle chair in the corner and three chairs around. If more seating is needed, use the dining chairs. Floor lamp behind corner chair. Coffee table could be a padded bench or ottoman if you want.

  • 6 years ago

    Put the Cuddle chair on the opposite side in the top left hand corner and whatever seating you decide to have; have the back of sofa facing dining area to define the living and dining areas- if room you could add a slim console table behind the sofa and add books and a vase of flowers or just lamps. When you have guests you can used the table on which to put food platters when you have guests.