FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

jc_7a_middletn

Fighting Temeraire

jc_7a_MiddleTN

There's not much information out there about this rose, so I thought I'd give it a thread.

I ordered 1 from David Austin this year and am excited about it.

I'm putting it in a bed with Evelyn and Teasing Georgia.

Here's a link to its helpmefind page, which also doesn't have much information:

https://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.65917

I think rosylady and sultryjasminnights grow it?

• Magnus - England

This one reminds me of Scented Garden, if it's anything like it then it should be a great rose for you! It's also sadly on DA's chopping block which is a shame since it's one of their better singles.

jc_7a_MiddleTN thanked Magnus - England
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

What a cool rose! I know nothing about it so will be waiting to hear more about it from you.

jc_7a_MiddleTN thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Moses, Western PA., zone 5/6, USA

Sorry folks, Fighting Temeraire is a monstrosity to me.....one ratty looking rose. Maybe it sets lovely hips, or reports on its moderate fragrance are inaccurate, and it packs a respectable scent. To me, the Austin people struck out on this one.

It looks like a rose that Baby Huey played with all morning, then proudly presented it to his grandma, saying, "Look grandma, pretty rose!" Grandma's response, "Thank you sweetheart, now eat your pudding."

Moses

jc_7a_MiddleTN thanked Moses, Western PA., zone 5/6, USA
  • jc_7a_MiddleTN

I don't disagree with your observations, Moses, but for some reason I like it anyway!

But perhaps there is a reason it is unpopular? Ha