Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgberrios

Powder room decor need serious help

lgberrios
4 years ago

Hello!

I have some rather badly lit photos but it is the best I could do given the lighting. I am in need of some expert advice on what to do with this powder room to make it more pleasing to the eye and cozy. This is what I have at the moment. I planned to ditch the wall decor if not doesn’t work with the new plan. It was in my old bathroom so I placed it there for the time being. The wall in front of the toilet is bare..I can try to Provide a picture if needed. The light fixture is dark tint. wood look. TIA!

picture. Sorry. I can try to get a good one if it’s neededTIA

Comments (9)

• Bev
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

It's too dark on my computer monitor to make out your photos. Have you ever watched HGTV, especially the Property Brothers? They turn some of the most ugly and boring powder rooms into something beautiful! They usually end up using wall paper, which can add a lot of glam and/or color. If you do not want to use wallpaper, choose a WOW paint colors! Here are a couple of photos for inspiration:

WESTWAY - Powder Room · More Info

What style are you looking for and are you just looking to make it look pretty or the WOW factor?

Dunstable Victorian Bathroom · More Info

Hills of Troy · More Info

Broadway - Homewood AL · More Info

My hubby and I will be remodeling our powder room that someone created in our basement. It had a dark brown ugly paneling until my hubby removed it; dark blue linoleum tile; and ugly blue toilet and old fashioned sink (this house was built in 1945). Anyway, we have already purchased a beautiful white pedestal sink; chair height toilet; gorgeous light grey floor tile; and I have purchased peachy pink towels and a matching rug. I will choose a peachy pink paint when we get to where the room will be ready for paint. My hubby will also replace the ugly bathroom lights with cam lights. I'm choosing light colors for this bathroom so that it no longer looks like a cave!

• lgberrios
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Bev! Nice inspiration on those photos and your future plans. I have a builder toilet and I plan on changing it out To a high one as well.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 years ago

PAINT! Anything but beige. Yes, it is that simple. Add a series of related prints. Replace the hand towel ring with a pretty glass shelf, and buy a waste basket : ) for the paper guest towels you will set on the glass shelf. Don't be afraid of a deep rich color. It will feel bigger and it will feel cozy.

Interior Design Work · More Info

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 years ago

HALE NAVY?.........OR..........

• rickie95
    4 years ago

I don’t know your style but we just renovated our tiny half bath:

• lgberrios
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Love it! Thanks for submitting. Enjoy your new powder room!

• Kathi Steele
    4 years ago

We recently renovated ours.

Unfortunately, it is beige!!!

• lgberrios
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I like it. 😊