Software
Houzz Logo Print
waitingforwinter

Cabinets.com for semi-custom vanity?

6 years ago

Has anyone used cabinets.com for a semi-custom style vanity? How did it go? We just can't find what we are looking for in a price range in our budget. We are doing a full house addition and having custom Amish cabinets made for our kitchen, but the quote for our vanities was way over budget. All the premade double vanities are just not quite right. I found this color Haze on cabinets.com that looks like the exact color I've been looking for, for my daughter's bathroom. Anyone have any luck purchasing from them? Any photos of bath vanities from them? Thanks!

Comments (9)

  • 6 years ago

    Chinese junk. Or worse, American junk. Shop local.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    You do not buy cabinets for the color. Their web page would be enough to turn me off .

  • 6 years ago

    Hi there,

    I used cabinets.com for a full kitchen remodel and will be using them again for a back bar area, laundry room, and bathroom in the near future.

    Here’s the thing: they use top quality materials, finishes, and excellent drawer construction. They even nicely sand every dovetail joint. As far as materials goes, you are getting the same as custom.

    The downside is the boxes and doors have horrible quality control. Very few sides are perfectly straight, and some pieces are very obviously crooked. It makes them an absolute nightmare to install. Luckily we installed them ourselves but it took a great deal of effort and some custom cuts. Once installed though, you would never know they so poorly constructed, and we now have cabinets that are as good as any for 4x less the cost compared to custom.

    Just my 2 cents and word of warning.


    waitingforwinter thanked catinthehat
  • 6 years ago

    Thanks so much! So maybe it won't be so bad if we use them for one double vanity cabinet.

  • 6 years ago

    I would imagine so! That’s what I was getting at. A stand alone vanity would be a safe bet, even if something was very off they have a great exchange policy.

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    It is no where near custom quality. Their American produced line, is an upper builder quality, with not many options, and poor quality control. There are so many cabinet design shops out there that can get you better quality, and be a personal point of contact for it. That’s priceless.

    I would also suggest paying attention to the fate of customers of Cliq and Solid Wood when they went under. Those were two companies that built their model on internet business and import cabinets, very much as C dot com have done.

  • 5 years ago

    @waitingforwinter, after years on Houzz discussions, I’ve learned to expect “snarky" from the “pros.” It seems they don’t realize that not everyone is a millionaire and not everyone lives near a place to “buy local.” I often wonder how they acquire the pro title.