Color scheme advice request for setting up baby nursery

K Manjir

Hi There,

We are currently setting up our baby nursery. In a bit of a problem (as you can see from the picture) because of color mismatches.

The crib we got is a gift - it's a 5-in-1 convertible, so we will be using it for a while. Issue is my wife wanted a white crib but didn't tell me until after the crib came and she saw it. So now we're trying to figure out how to decorate and set up the room around it.

She wants to do the rest of the room in a white/off-white motif, so I'm thinking to swap out the existing three 2-shelf bookcases (the three on the left of the picture) with white counterparts and introducing a white nursing chair.

The photo is taken standing at the door, room is relatively small.

(Please ignore the treadmill as that will be moved out of the room soon.)

My sense of color/color matching is not very good so looking to the experts here to see if that is something that would work, and/or any other ideas you might have

KM

• jck910

Sounds great. Crib is fine for white/off white décor. Don't go crazy with "baby" décor in no time the baby is 1..2.. etc

Are you painting the room? A soft yellow or green would be nice.

• K Manjir

Thanks a lot, jck910! We'll look to swap the bookcases out with white versions and get a white/off-white chair. We've thought about painting the walls a different color, but will probably leave that till a little later, and keep it as-is for just now. Thanks for the color suggestion, I appreciate it!

• Katie B.

Mixing wood is totally fine. You could paint that dresser or whatever it is on the left. Just know this- pregnant women can get a little, hmm...dramatic?...when nesting. I was one, so I can say that.

Montgomery County's Most Experienced Kitchen & Bath Remodelers