Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_336940614

Island Measurements

Itney11
4 years ago
Can you tell me how big this island is? Length and width. Thank you!
Flower Mound Transitional Modern · More Info

Comments (26)

• plfuller
    3 years ago

This size of the island is mentioned in the article, which states 10' x 3 1/2' - I've copied and pasted below, straight from the article:

"Along the back wall, a microwave and a wall oven are located to the left, and the range is in the center. The fridge is just out of view past the right side of the island. The most important element for the family is the large island (10 by 3½ feet), which serves as the busy family’s hub."

• Itney11
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! Sorry, I didn't see there was an article, just the photo. Very nice.

• pamelm69
    3 years ago

Can you tell me the name of the light pendants please

• outbacklady
    3 years ago

I like the backless bar stools. Can you tell me the brand/source?

• plfuller
    3 years ago

Hi, those appear to be Seagrass style counter stools, which can be found at Pottery Barn in a dark wood & grey wash wood = $239 each.....https://bit.ly/2PytoOb (photo attached).

Amazon carries a budget-friendly option that includes a set of 2 stools for $235 in a similar dark wood, however the seats are more of a rectangular shape vs a square shape https://amzn.to/3ikoS23 or they can be purchased from the Bird Rock Home site https://bit.ly/3aav8q5 (photo attached)...also in a set of 2.

**Be sure to measure your bar/counter to ensure the stool height will accommodate the bar height. You don't want to end up with a stool that is too tall

or too short.

Height Recommendations = Countertops range from 36 to 39 inches, so you'll need a counter stool that ranges from 24 to 26 inches high. Bar stool height: Bar tops are usually around 40 to 42 inches high, so opt for a bar stool about 28 to 30 inches tall.

Hope this info helps with your search.

• Judi Johnston
    3 years ago

Do you know what the name of the black on the island is?

• Debbie Glass-Hernandez
    3 years ago

Can anyone guess what the floors are color and brand?!

• Dawn Sweetser
    3 years ago

The dark color/brand of paint on the island and beverage cabinet. Thank you.

• plfuller
    3 years ago

I'm not sure of the exact black color since those cabinets are custom built for that specific project, however, here a few options to consider:

- Farrow & Ball Pitch Black (No. 256) - rich tone, perfect for interior doors

- Farrow & Ball Off-Black (No. 57) - subtle, mild tone of black

- Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black - (neutral black) works beautifully with various lighting

- Benjamin Moore Black (2132-10) - a true black (would be lovely on cabinets).

- Ecos Black - this is one of my favorite paint companies. I've personally used their products and the paint has no odor, non- toxic, Zero VOC, no harsh chemicals, ingredient transparency, and the coverage was exceptional (in my case). It's more expensive but was worth it to know it helps support healthier living.

Happy Painting :-)

• Dawn Sweetser
    3 years ago

Thank you! I couldn’t tell if it was a true black or a deep grey.

• bethie1103
    3 years ago

HI, could you tell me what type of floors, color, and plank width?

• plfuller
    3 years ago

Hi, unfortunately, I have no idea what type of flooring, the color, or the width. However, I can recommend a flooring that has similar color and one that I have recently used in my backyard studio. The flooring is easily purchased through Sam's Club (I placed an order for home delivery, and a few boxes arrived damaged. I ordered more than I needed so it turned out fine, but I would recommend curbside pick-up if available in your area).

The flooring is Select Surfaces (made in Germany) and the color/style is Heritage Oak. I absolutely love this flooring product! It was super easy to install (it has a patented advanced SpeedLoc™ installation system and pre-attached foam backer). This collection has an AC4 traffic rating, making it suitable for heavy residential and light commercial use (with a limited lifetime warranty).

The most important features for me are the GREENGUARD Gold Certification to ensure healthy indoor air quality and the TSCA and CARB phase 2 compliant. Which means no harmful off-gassing from this product (No Formaldehyde)!

Here is the link:

https://www.samsclub.com/p/select-surfaces-heritage-oak-spill-defense-laminate-flooring/prod23981791?xid=plp_product_9

I'm not a paid promoter of this product. I just do A LOT of research before I purchase anything going in my home (or backyard studio). I'm very particular about how and where products are made and whether or not they are safe for my family to be living among. I was surprised to find such a high quality product offered at Sam's Club (not that I'm snubbing Sam's Club, I just assumed a product this high quality would be out of my budget).

I've also included a photo of the flooring in my backyard studio. :-)

Hope this helps get you started in your search!

• Gloria Castaneda
    3 years ago

What color walls and cabinets?

• Michael Lohr
    3 years ago

That flooring does not even look close. I would guess a whitewashed European White Oak similar to this. https://www.llflooring.com/p/bellawood-artisan-5-8-inch-x-7-1-2-inch-barcelona-white-oak-engineered-hardwood-flooring-10045565.html

• plfuller
    3 years ago

My apologies, what flooring are you referencing? If you scroll up to the very top of this thread you will see the flooring being discussed, which looks nothing like the Barcelona White Oak link that you included.

• Michael Lohr
    3 years ago

I was referencing the Sam's Club wood that looks nothing like the above picture. I'm sure it's nice, but it does not look anything like the picture above.

• plfuller
    3 years ago

That is why I noted up front that I have no idea of the color of flooring but I can recommend one that I've used personally. I would have to say the White Oak you are referencing also looks absolutely nothing like the flooring in the main photo, so we are in agreement that the flooring in the main photo is unknown to either of us, however my flooring is definitely closer in color than the white oak.

• Michael Lohr
    3 years ago

Okay, I copied the wrong one. It's definitely white oak, just not as whitewashed. This is a closer shade. https://www.llflooring.com/p/bellawood-artisan-5-8-inch-x-7-1-2-inch-vienna-white-oak-engineered-hardwood-flooring-10045567.html

• plfuller
    3 years ago

This is what shows up on the link you submitted, again, not close at all if you are referencing the wood on the wall...??

• plfuller
    3 years ago

Not sure why you are trolling my comments here on Houzz, lol, I'm only trying to help Houzz members who ask about particular colors or design elements pertaining to that photo. I have a background in design and just thought I would be helpful during this period of Covid as more families are investing in their home. I was hopefully helping by showing you don't have to have an over the top budget to achieve a similar style as shown in the photo.

• Cathryn McCay
    3 years ago

Where can I get those black and brass pendant lights?

• plfuller
    3 years ago

Hi...if you scroll back up the very top of this message, you will find a discussion concerning the pendant lights (options, link, photos all attached). These are only similar suggestions. I have no idea where the builder/designer found those particular lights. They could be custom made, not sure.

• r s
    3 years ago

can you tell me please how many inches above island you put these pendants?

• Jods
    2 years ago

I would love to know where I can purchase the beautiful large black vase on island