Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margobassarab

Our flip house really needs curb appeal!

4 years ago

Our flip house is located in Northern Alberta, CANADA. We have a short growing season and we are in ZONE 2-3. This picture was just taken a few days ago when the snow had just melted ( April 23!). We would like to get this on the market within a month. Looking for ideas to really give the house some pizazz! ( landscaping, home exterior). The front steps are not finished but there will be a black rod iron railing around the landing and the steps down. At this point money IS an issue. Looking for some great but inexpensive improvements so it will sell quickly😃.

Comments (18)

• 4 years ago

Your other posting of this is still here and it has comments on it.

• 4 years ago

Thank you! I realized I should have posted in landscaping! Will try to delete this posting.

• 4 years ago

Maybe the landscape posters will see it here and respond.

• PRO
    4 years ago

In a hurry, it is hard to accomplish something positive with planting, as there is no time for anything to grow. I would do just the basic. Define the foundation bed (6'deep x length of house.) At a line running along the center of the bed add 4 shrubs keyed to the window centers. Use two types of perennials -- Russian sage and Stella daylillies. Add an appropriate, multi-trunk, small tree (made of large shrub), set about 10' off of the left corner at a diagonal. And flank the stoop with annuals. (The walk is skinny enough so don't crowd it with plants.)

• 3 years ago

Thank you so much😃 Great ideas and I especially like the placement of the tree!

• 3 years ago

Editing😱🤔 ... It sold in a few DAYS! There were lots of offers.😃

• 3 years ago

How much will you make on the flip?

• 3 years ago

Before and after pictures ...

• 3 years ago

Kitchen ... BEFORE and AFTER ...

• 3 years ago

Main bathroom BEFORE and AFTER ...

• 3 years ago

Master bathroom BEFORE and AFTER ...

• 3 years ago

Kevin, my son in law and my two daughters did the flip. It was sold last August of 2020 ... it was snapped up immediately after being listed. It was a lot of hard work for them but let’s just say that their effort paid off.😉

• 3 years ago

This is the back entrance/ laundry area. Just don’t have a BEFORE picture or a picture of stacked washer and dryer which is in the room.

• 3 years ago

Taxes will need to be paid on any profit in Canada. What was the profit?

• 3 years ago

Kevin, what profit the OP made and taxes is only their business not the business of anyone on here.

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

maifleur03, she presented the project as a flip for the sole purpose of netting a profit and therefore my questions are relevant. If there was no profit, or so low to not justify the venture it was a flop and a failure regardless how nice it looked. If it's a capital venture I'm not about to give out a participation attaboy without the facts.

It is my business if I choose to ask, she can refuse to answer and her choice. In retrospect my activity here certainly isn't any of your business and I respectfully decline to comply with your request.

A guy once told me I could take a part time job and earn more money and just go out and buy the vegetables I grow. I told him I do it as a hobby and not to make money, but if it was to make money I would of went broke the first year, so was the flip a hobby or to make money?

• 3 years ago

OK Kevin then how much do you earn in a year?