Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
corky519

lack luster tv console

corky519
3 years ago

What could I add or take away from my basement tv console? It’s extremely boring. I know a plant should be added but there isn’t much light down there. Any ideas? Thank you! (Ps usually there aren’t any wires)

Comments (135)

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Holy cow just found the first coffee table for so much cheaper!!

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Awesome thank you!!!

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thoughts on this rug? It’s similar to the one you chose

• dsimber
    3 years ago

Is that last rug available in the size you need? (8' x 10’?)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Yes it should be fine..8x10 made of polypropylene very durable.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

I would suggest a rug with just a bit stronger print It will work better with your dark sectional..I do believe this will look more like a solid..something to think about.

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you. I see what you’re saying about the rug.
    Thoughts on this coffee table I found. I still want to do something lighter and round top.

https://www.target.com/p/36-34-lippa-round-wood-top-coffee-table-with-tripod-base-walnut-white-modway/-/A-77459879

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

that table is too delicate looking with your big sectional..more mid century modern and only 14” high...the pure white top will be to harsh next to your dark brown leather...I would say no.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Unfortunately the Malone light oak is out..it is only 13.5 high🤨😞

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Sorry I thought I had checked the height on all of them...looked at too many🙄

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

You’re right. The white will be too harsh. Thank you.
    And darn the Malone was the one I liked the best.
    I’m wondering if there is a white wash wood top with wrought iron bottom coffee table out there.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

This has a pure white top🤨 but love the black base! And pedestal for your small area...ok if we go with white you would really need to add more bright white in the space or it won’t work...white sheep pelt..textured white pillows..lighter accents all around....let me know your thoughts?

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Omg love!!!!! Yes, i am thinking a marble top just like that. Pure white is too harsh like u said. But a marble or white wash is what i want. I am not crazy about the bottom. I wish it was simple like just legs or something. . I can find myself getting sick of the design.
    Thank you for helping me!!!!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Ok I think this is perfect! Size color and check out the price!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Ok here are a few more ideas

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Omg that coffee table is so perfect! As i was searching that sight it brought me to amazon and i found another one similar. I like your bottom better but i like this marble top.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

I saw that one but I think it is not the correct size? Do you have the width?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Ok looked it up found it on eBay..size is perfect

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Should i do it 😬🤔🤷🏼‍♀️
    I’m going to...and thank you for all the other pictures!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Yes get it..!

need to work on rug..it should have a subtle print and texture....

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ok! I bought it! I always get scared buying purchases heavy to return. But whatever, I think it will be perfect! Thank you!!!!

And for the rug i think I’m going to get the rug i like that was similar to the one u picked out. I did crazy research and looked at the pictures on the reviews and it doesn’t look solid at all. It does look solid in wayfairspics though. Still on the fence, but i think that may be the one

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Oh the rug color needs to change now that you are going with a white table not ivory...that rug will look very yellow compared to a bright white and gray marble table..you don’t want that...look for white and gray rugs..or white and black...you want the description to be white or off white not ivory.

• PRO
  • corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Great thank you! I love that rug.

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I just realized, that I have that same rug in gray in my playroom. I LOVE it. Still looks brand new
    Ok getting it 😊😊😊😊😊 thank you again!!!!

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Julie one more thing. I am looking at the reviews for the rug. All great. But people are saying it’s ivory. That’s fine, but are u worried it will look yellow with my white table (like the other rug u told me not to get?). Someone reviewed it with a marble table. Let me know your thoughts.

https://www.wayfair.com/rugs/pdp/mistana-clair-geometric-gray-rug-w000683999.html?piid=

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ps i am excited i can get away with a 6’7” by 9 rug. And it’s much much cheaper than the 8 x10

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

7x 9 should be good

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

The color is good I have seen it in person...

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Fab! Okay. Getting it. 😀
    Thanks again for getting back to me!

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Now what would you put on a marble coffee table? I had a tray before to put my remote Would that make it look too cluttered? I need a look for that now.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Look for a decorative box with a lid..or basket in light wicker with a lid..

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

This is on clearance from Pottery Barn...check size to be sure your remotes fit...

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I have Potter Barn baskets already. They don’t have a lid though. Do u think i can put the remotes in there? And put something without a lid on the table ?

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

If u look on the Bottom shelf -that is my pottery barn basket

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ps can I keep the tray I have or should i get rid of it?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Just a very small basket or box like the one I posted is all you need..nothing as big as what you have...the one I posted is only 5” wide 11” long.

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The PB basket will be ready to ship in December!! Unreal.

• dsimber
    3 years ago

Depending on the size of your coffee table, I think both the hinged box for remotes and your tray for a small vignette could work well together. I like that the color of the tray ties in with your PB basket on the console shelf. And I like your coffee table books.

I don’t recall if this has been discussed. Have you thought about putting your electronic components on the middle shelf for a “cleaner” look? And using low profile cord/cable covers, painted to match the wall color? It seems these simple changes would allow your pretty accessories to shine!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Corky that is crazy December! Are you able to get out? I know it is hard to shop with

Covid 19 restrictions...but aI am sure HomeGoods or HobbyLobby would have a nice box with a lid to hide them...maybe wait until you get the table and we finish up the console..are you going to move the components like I had mentioned?

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

My coffee table is 36 inches.
    I was going to sell the tray but I’ll hold on to it if you think it can work. My table is coming in the end of June 😫
    No we didn’t discuss the electronic stuff and boxes. Usually we don’t have that much stuff and wires there. This all came from boredom from the quarantine. Ninetendo and VHS was added but it’s going next time we have people over. The box usually looks like the pic below.
    So move the box to the middle...i will do that. What will go on the top of the console?

• Peke
    3 years ago

Beware of putting electronics (which get hot) into a basket. They need air circulation, and wicker baskets are flammable, anyway. This is not a main living room, so it should not matter if the TV components show or not. It looks like a kids area too, so they will probably be watching DVDs, and the kids will need easy access to the components.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

I would wait until your rug and table come...if you want a Scandinavian style less is more..and nothing Farmhouse modern..so we may need to rework your accessories and move those farmhouse sconces or group them with other wall art..be patient it will all come together!😉

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yeah we are still in phase 1 over here and Retail hasn’t opened yet. I’m dying to hit up Home Goods!!!!! Soon...right?
    What components were you thinking of moving? The sconces? I’m going to leave them as is until I get my coffee table and rug. I don’t want to move stuff around until i get those two things. I just want to know what to add to my brown-ness to lighten it up. I’m not sure what to do on the left side of the console on the floor. Do I do a basket with pillows/fur blanket OR a plant in a basket that I will most likely kill. I’m leaning towards a plant because I need greenery down there. I think a snake plant is anti kill.

• dsimber
    3 years ago

Oh, yeah! I get it! I had forgotten how many cables and components come with all those game systems! My compromise was to move it all into baskets for storage when I cleaned for guests. Depending on who was visiting, it often was dragged out again. 😜 Perhaps a pointless battle? But I notice that my son now does the same thing in his apartment! 😉 (I will confess that it boggles my mind that this PhD candidate still likes to play his games!)

• corky519
    Original Author
    3 years ago

True. We had to entertain a five year old in the quarantine but these wires will be gone very soon!!! It is a basement and play area, but its gotta go soon because I hate how messy it looks! It’s ruining my decor and flow

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 years ago

Yes a snake plant is perfect...find a good size one! Find a light color pot more of a modern style...mixed white and neutral pottery..square pot would be perfect.