Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
egiurco

lighting help needed

egiurco
3 years ago

Hi, We recently bought a house and have a bunch of projects going at once. We are working on the lighting now and am a bit overwhelmed. The vibe is coastal/chabby chic/farmhouse. If there is such a thing :-) The furniture (which we have purchased so far) is a lot of greys, blues white's and other neutrals. We have our dining room furniture and found a chandelier and sconces that we like. The chandelier is French washed oak with distressed white wood and weathered iron on the chain. The sconces are antique silver finish with a white shade. The entryway and dining room are next to each other and open. The designer at the lighting store recommended this pendant for the entryway, which we thought was cool, but I worry that we are working with too many finishes. These 3 lights are the first pics attached. The ceiling fan in our family room has a grey wash finish and we still need to get a light for the breakfast nook which is next to the family room and you can see this from the dining room.

Our hardware in the kitchen in brushed nickel and a black sink. counters are white quartz and the cabinets are a washed oak and the island is a charcoal grey. We will also have a n accent wall in the same grey in the tv room where we are putting built ins with white shelves(grey behind.)

Everything I have read about mixing metals says to stick to 2 , possibly with a third as an accent. I have attached a picture of the furniture(rug and art is not in yet). Picture is not the best as the wall color is a softer blue than it appears

The breakfast nook furniture is above and a picture of the fan in the family room. Any advice would be really appreciated. What would work best in the entryway and nook. I am attaching some other options for the breakfast nook and potentially entryway as well. Please share any thoughts and feel free to share any light recommendations. Thanks so much!

DR

DR

Entryway

Following are some options for breakfast nook

pewter

Brushed Nickel and washed wood Maybe for entry way option as well

Brushed Gold

Comments (3)