Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshua_davey50

gas outdoor fireplace

nclawyer
3 years ago

anyone have an outdoor gas fireplace? do you like it? considering it as an alternative to wood burning for a covered porch.

Comments (11)

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    3 years ago

If you have the room. it's a nice feature to add.

• nhb22
    3 years ago

We love ours! It's ventless.

• nhb22
    3 years ago

nini804 - What type of gas FP do you have inside? I'd love to see a photo. Ouir inside gas FP leaves a bit of soot on the underside of our white mantle. :(

• nini804
    3 years ago

Ours is vented through the chimney. Actually, our porch fireplace shares the chimney with the indoor fp. (It is a wide chimney, built to accommodate 2 separate flues.) Here are pics...we like it being vented, and I use it frequently bc I get cold easily & it takes the chill off.

• nini804
    3 years ago

Click on bottom pic to see all of it!

• nhb22
    3 years ago

First of all, I did a double take when I saw the portrait of your daughter. Beautiful! Even when I enlarged the photo, she looks exactly like my niece (same dress and all) in her portrait. She is in her 20's now. :)

Your living room is very pretty. Love the marble, and the floors. What color is your floor stain?

And would you have a photo of your porch? We are building and doing something similar with the fireplace. Could you tell me how wide the chimney is?

• nini804
    3 years ago

Aw, thanks! She’s a teen now, lol, it went by quick! Here is a pic of the chimney with the two flues. The sofa is blocking the fireplace, but it’s just a normal fp with a raised hearth. We use it a lot. You can also see the gas fire pit on the patio. We used blue glass instead of rocks so it kind of looks like water.

• nhb22
    3 years ago

Beautiful home! We are hoping to do painted brick or a painted brick look.

• PRO
    The Outdoor GreatRoom Company
    3 years ago

Hello! We are so happy to see this discussion post. Everyone loves a class wood-burning fire pit, but there are several practical benefits in a gas fire pit or fireplace. To name a few, convenience, safety, durability, and design are things to consider when shopping for your perfect outdoor fire feature. A few categories include gas fire pits, gas fire pit tables, gas fire places, and gas fire bowls. One thing we mention when speaking with consumers is what source of fuel they plan to use. Natural gas will be more cost-effective and convenient in the long-run, while using liquid propane avoids the need to connect to a natural gas line. One of our newer features that we offer at the Outdoor Greatroom Company are "Ready-to-Finish" fireplaces, where you have everything set up for you besides the outside materials/finish. This allows for ultimate customization and provides the opportunity to match the fireplace to other materials surrounding it. All of our products are UL listed for safety and durability. Feel free to check out our website for more information.

• PRO
    Firegear Outdoors
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We personally love a gas burning Fireplace or Firepit. One of our favorites is our Kalea Bay Outdoor Fireplace. It is completely customizable to fit your space and style. We give the option to be see through, one sided as well as adding LED Lighting to give an extra glow with your flames. Here are 3 different examples of how Firegear Outdoors Kalea Bay Fireplace was designed to fit each space in its unique way!

instagram: https://www.instagram.com/firegearoutdoors/