chancer221

Is Dwarf Mugo pine toxic

Dee
last month

Dwarf Mugo pine - is it toxic poisonous to my dog?

Comments (3)

  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last month

    No. But care should be taken that the dog does not eat the needles. Sharp conifer needles - like pines - even if completely non-toxic, can cause internal damage and distress.

  • ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    last month

    it seems like it would be easier to train the dog.. rather than live in a cement backyard with no plants ...


    i used to take the puppy for leashed walks around the yard every night.. and trained him to stay out of the beds ..


    i also sprayed bitter apple in his mouth.. and then spurted plants that overhung the beds .. needless to say.. he associated the taste.. with the smell ..


    he was trained in a about a week ... and it lasted about 18 years.. GRHS


    ken

  • Sara Malone Zone 9b
    last month

    I agree with Ken.. If your dog thinks it's ok to chew up plants, he can make a mess of the garden, even if he is not harmed. I have three acres of woody plants and three dogs and I've never had a problem. Also, dogs readily vomit when they ingest something that doesn't agree with them (I'm not talking about serious poisons like oleander), unlike, say, horses, who cannot regurgitate and are far more prone to being harmed or killed by ingesting something that they shouldn't.