Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelsey_sonefeld

Need aglaonema help, please!

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Here is one of my newest plants. I have used an app to try to identify it many times, the only thing that looks similar is some type of Aglaonema - maybe the 'spring snow' variety? If I'm wrong, please let me know!


After I brought it home, I potted it in a different, smaller pot that didn't have a very large drainage hole. The soil was SOAKED when I bought it too, and I mixed some of that soil with some drier soil when I originally potted it.


A few days later, it started to turn a bit yellow. Normally, this would indicate to me that the plant was being over-watered, but I tried to do some research to find out. A website [Bloomscape] said "Aglaonema Spring Snow prefers to be kept moist, but make sure the soil isn’t soggy—moderation is key! Do not allow the lower soil to remain wet," so I figured my inclination was correct, and I needed to get this plant in some drier soil.


I decided to re-pot this plant into a new, larger pot. Yes, there is a plate attached but there are huge drainage holes along the bottom of the entire pot. I took the plant out of its current soil and used some fresh, dry soil. The only real moisture going into the new pot would have been the soil immediately attached to the roots.


Below is the current state of this beautiful little plant! It has been getting more yellow leaves by the day, and I have been unsure about pulling them off completely. I have tried to put it on the coffee table during the day to get the best sunlight, but it's still getting pretty yellow. I have also included photos of the water levels of the bottom of the soil, and the top of the soil. I have not watered it in about 5 days.









Please let me know if you have any advice for me!

Is this even an Aglaonema Spring Snow?

Your comments and help are SO appreciated! :)

Comment (1)