Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryl_gw

Mambo with a Combo

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

A few combinations that make me feel like dancing for joy.

Yes, I posted this before, but I liked it so much that I'm taking it out again to the dance floor:

Wayah Valley, Dearest Valentine, and No Way Jose:

A new couple of partner:

Mexican Maiden and Orange Smoothie:

Another twosome that took a tap to the beat:

Jerry Murphy and Sweetest Name I know:

Some late arrivals took a twirl.

Alan Lane Agin, Working Overtime and Paul Voth:

For the grand finale they all got together and did the Bunny Hop:

Maryl

Comments (14)

• mantis__oh
    3 years ago

Those really do pop. Best picture of Dearest Valentine I have seen from other growers. Of course, your climate is not a hardiness challenge. Orange really does contrast well with a lot of colors. Band is very clear on No Way Jose. Which of these do you especially like in regard to plant habit?

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked mantis__oh
  • shive
    3 years ago

Lovely combos, all of them! I love the way Dearest Valentine looks in the first photo. My favorite photo though is that last one with all that wonderful color.

Debra

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked shive
  • Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Lovely pics, my favorite is that last photo, they all blend so nicely

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked Nancy 6b
  • lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Funny, creative and beautiful all in one post!! Colors are wonderful and that last picture is fabulous! Enjoyed the text almost as much as the photos!!

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked lilykate7a
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

So many fun combos! I wonder what your favorite color is? I favorite combo is the first with Dearest Valentine.

Sherry

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked sherrygirl zone5 N il
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

LOL Sherry. Yellow is my favorite color as most know. But oranges, and pinks pull me on the dance floor almost as much........Thanks Kate. I'm glad the text wasn't too corny for you........Nancy: the ones in the last photo are part of my permanent collection and have been with me for years.............Yes Debra. Dearest Valentine was looking good with her party dress on..........We can get pretty cold here Mantis. As in the single digits some years and my daylilies are mostly in smallish pots. I'm finding from experience that by and large Dormants seem to live longer here then the others, but of course there are exceptions. Many of these in this post are tntr (too new to rate) yet. All the ones in my bottom display bed are winners for me ............Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    3 years ago

Beautiful post Maryl. The combos really pop.

My question is when you pot your daylilies versus putting in the ground, where do you store the pots over the winter? Are you just using potting mix or a combo of mixes? Here we typically do not go below zero, dip into the teens mostly.

Julia

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked Julia WV (6b)
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

So pretty. I especially lie the first and the last photos since I love color. No Way Jose catches my eye.

kay

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked organic_kitten
  • nat4b
    3 years ago

All beautiful combos! I like the first one especially, and they are all different forms. Love the last picture with all of them, so bright and pretty.

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked nat4b
  • Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Great combo pictures and creative text. Thanks for being creative. I really enjoyed it.

Brad

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked Brad KY 6b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

I love all your combos especially the first one. I love that Dearest Valentine.

Nancy

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    3 years ago

You've got a good eye for combining the blooms--nice work!

Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a) thanked melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What a nice thing to say. Thank you for looking Melle.............Maryl