Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

Tuesday's Blooms (several clump shots)

daylilybedmaker
3 years ago

It was a great morning and evening to get some clump shots.

TIME FOR ETERNITY: This was a morning photo. I love this Petit intro. JT DAVIS photo bombed this picture. Not the fastest increaser but it does increase, and blooms above the foliage.

Seedling out of LIGHT OF THE WORLD x LEDGEWOOD'S FIRECRACKER: I got what I wanted except that it has the substance of LF. It melts by midafternoon. This is it's first or second bloom ever. I will have to move it to see how it does in another part of the garden.

BO KNOWS: This is just a blooming fool. It is vigorous.

VICTORIA GARDEN STARBURST: This is a fantastic plant. It is an awesome sight in a clump. I could not deadhead everything as I put some of BUDDY'S BLACK LADY pollen on it and pods are forming. I could have cut the blooms, but time is limited when there are five kids, a dog and a wife.

GREAT WHITE: Slow to increase. It seems that the ones the hybridizers tout as good breeders are slow to increase.

FACE PAINT: I enjoy this one. Increase is moderate. Morning sun.

NAVAJO PONY: Probably one of my favorite top 5 UFs.

FRIEDA ALLEN JERRELL x LINDA SIERRA First year blooming.

FRIEDA ALLEN JERRELL: As everyone knows, I love this flower.

More in the comments

Comments (11)

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    3 years ago

MALCOLM DAVID BROOKER SR: Toothy flower. Sometimes gets overlooked because of its color. According to a friend of mine, It is a good breeder. It is fertile, as I planted many seeds last year.

NEW COVENANT in the pm. Too new to evaluate. It has been in the ground for a year after two years in pot. It does bloom above the foliage.

JERRY HYATT: Another good performer for me. Vigorous and blooms above the foliage. Does not seem to be terribly affected when dividing.

BELLE OF ASHWOOD: Another great plant. Consistent in performance. This was taken in the PM. It is pinker in the am.

That is it for me.

David

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

A really nice group! Navajo Pony is one of my favorites here too. VG Starburst caught my eye, as well as Frieda and Bo Knows. Jerry Hyatt does well here after I moved it. Sometimes, for some inexplicable reason, a plant just does not like a spot, while others flourish there. It had dainty foliage, blooms just out of the foliage there. I moved it a couple of years ago and suddenly foliage got bigger, scapes twice the height, larger blooms.

daylilybedmaker thanked Nancy 6b
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Freda Allen Jerrell has been on and off my list for years now. I like the seedling out of it.....Malcolm David Brooker Sr. has a nice edge and shape to it. I don't hybridize so breeding assets don't mean a lot to me, but that form does.........Since I like pink so much I think Bo Knows is my favorite of this group. Good show ............Maryl

daylilybedmaker thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • shive
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I think the seedlings out of LIght of the World and Freida Allen Jerrell are very nice. Navajo Pony and Bo Knows impressed me too. The Victorian Garden Starburst puple clump is outstanding. I tried to look it up, but there isn't one with the Star Burst name. Could the name actually be Victorian Garden Star Bright?

Debra

daylilybedmaker thanked shive
  • daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    3 years ago

You are correct Debra. It is VG Starbright.

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Vctoria Garden Starbright is gorgeous! Navajo Pony is a favorite here too, and I like your seedling with Frieda Allen Jerrell too.

kaY

daylilybedmaker thanked organic_kitten
  • nat4b
    3 years ago

Great clumps! I especially like Victorian Garden Starbright and Bo Knows. Love Navajo Pony, I can see why it's in your top 5. New Covenant is beautiful too.

I like your Light of the World seedling. So nice to get what you wanted. I just recently found out that LOTW opens at night. Well at least it was fully open at 3am ))

daylilybedmaker thanked nat4b
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

Easy favorite for me, Victorian Garden Starbright! What a great photo of Navajo Pony.

Sherry

daylilybedmaker thanked sherrygirl zone5 N il
  • mantis__oh
    3 years ago

VG Starbright does not bloom much above foliage here. Also, has its shares of splotchies. New Covenant looks good here too.

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

I always like Belle of Ashwood-just a pretty bloom. Malcomb David Brooker Sr (what a long name to type!) is another pretty one as well as Bo Knows.