Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patricia_badaczewski

Added value?

I'd like to convert my garage to a master suite for my 92 year old mother. steps are and issue so this level would have access to the rest of the house. Can you share the dimensions of the garage before conversion? Thank you!
Garage Conversion to a Master bed bath, Suite with private entrance. · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    FLYNN High Performance, LLC
    3 years ago

its around 23 x 14. it depends how tou insulate. I'd you just sheet rock you only loose half inch each wall. i choose to fill wall m as with cwllelous and then put 2" rigid insulation on front and back wall. 20 I lost 6" on interior lenght. I hated a extra sheet of rock ov we r dividing wall for sound proof. the long wall was already rocked, insulated and windows trimmed. so I choose to leave it as is, bit could have added 2" there too. instead, I doubled ceiling insulation by blowing callous up there, as was pressed for time.. when I resided front wall I added 1/4" rigid insilation before residing..

• PRO
    FLYNN High Performance, LLC
    3 years ago

I had responded from my phone and autoytpe misspell. Cellulose Insulation was misspelled . The word hated should be installed. .