Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ldevits

Empty space above tv

ldevits
3 years ago

What can I put in between the wall art above the tv?

Comments (31)

• khildeb
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

A nice round wall clock.

• Rachel Lee
    3 years ago

Move those two pieces closer together so they slightly overlap the tv.

• Hina Binish
    3 years ago

Make it a picture wall with different size frames considering tv as one of the frame.

• artemis_ma
    3 years ago

I agree with Rachel Lee. You don't really need an additional piece there.

• Irene Condon
    3 years ago

Work with the 2pictures make a triangle including the tv

• Karen Or
    3 years ago

hang the TV?

• olychick
    3 years ago

I like Emily's suggestion but think the pictures are too large to stack above the chair, as the top one would have to be hung too high. Unless you make that a gallery wall I think those pics aren't right for that wall.

Even with a gallery, they might be too large:

here's one using some pieces more the size of yours, but I still think yours may be too large/heavy:

• ldevits
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I also agree that those pics might not be right for that wall.

• afreshpairofeyes
    3 years ago

Gallery wall definitely!

• thescotsman1953
    3 years ago

Perhaps something three dimensional like a mask, or a bas-relief of some sort, or something round like a mirror.

• User
    3 years ago

"Map Paris White" Black Framed Art Print, 38"x28"x1" · More Info

And I would get some plants on either side of the TV, either on the table or tall plant in a floor planter

• Deedee
    3 years ago

I would definitely wall mount the TV no matter what artwork is there. Your eye is pulled down to that large black rectangle. If you can’t get the cords in the wall use small piece of molding to cover and paint it same color as wall

• Deb Stover
    3 years ago

I agree Deedee, to wall mount the TV and leave the 2 pictures where they are( if you love them). Mount the TV a few inches higher than the pictures. I love the gallery wall look but think it would make me crazy looking at all the different colors and subject matter while trying to watch TV.

• keloop
    3 years ago

These huge televisions we have now can be a decorating nightmare. if you don’t like to hang it on the wall, framing it in can work. This is mine, and I don’t mind it😎

• HU-895856224
    3 years ago

2 FLOATING SHELVES, ONE MEDIUM ABOVE THE PICS SINCE YOUR CEILING IS HIGH, THEN A LONGER ONE AT THE MIDDLE OF THE PICTURES. USE FOR DISPLAY. SIMILAR TO THE FRAMING IDEA BY KELOOP BUT CREATE USEFUL SPACE.

• melanie lockhart
    3 years ago

I would add some small hanging plants to the wall

• Lorou
    3 years ago

Buy a new tv and make a picture wall. SAMSUNG 43-inch Class FRAME QLED LS03 Series - 4K UHD Dual LED Quantum HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (QN43LS03TAFXZA, 2020 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RBV2X6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bwSkFb8F5EAVF

• Lorou
    3 years ago

Here’s a pic of the picture frame tv... you can put whatever you like for the picture.

• willozwisp
    3 years ago

Difficult to tell from the photo but the framed art seems to be floating up. Too high. And seems to have been hung to have the frames parallel to the top of the TV....and their distance from each other makes the TV the focal point of the wall. Maybe think of a different and darker paint hue (charcoal) so the TV blends in more with the background. And I find the orphan chair to the left disturbing. Wonder who would sit there and for what purpose. Love some of the suggestions of a picture wall. And seen some with dark frames that compliment a darker wall and the black of the TV..

• HU-985889583
    3 years ago

Less is more....Just use what you have....angle the pics to have the TV as a pic as well. I’m finding as I get older, I’m liking less things to dust & loving more open space...feels less cluttered! It’s a personal choice. Good luck!

• C Thurman
    3 years ago

I think the problem is that the ugliest thing in the room (the TV) has been made into the focal point on that wall by being centered. The pictures with their gold frames don't really add anything and only create a distraction because they are clashing with the black TV. I would suggest losing the accent chair and moving the TV to one side and adding a tall plant. You could alternatively hang beside the TV two pictures in black frames, one over the other, for balance. The accent chair is in an awkward place in the corner and should be moved somewhere else, and the pictures would look better on another wall where they can stand on their own. Also, the scale of the relatively small TV looks funny on such a large piece of furniture. You might consider either replacing with a larger TV to balance out the size of the furniture it is on, or put the existing TV on a smaller table/cabinet. Hanging the TV would add some height and provide space for the family photos underneath.

• P M
    3 years ago

I get a kick out of reading the suggestions on these posted questions. Someone says “buy a new tv”? Oy vey.

• chocoholic66
    3 years ago

Be careful how high you hang the tv if you do. If it's too high your neck will need support to watch it! To determine the correct height for the tv, sit in a chair and measure the distance from the floor to your eyes. Add a few inches and that's where the center of the tv picture should be. If it were my room, I would stack the artworks and move the tv to the side a bit. If it still looks empty on the other side of the tv, a big plant or something tall and thin would be great as a balance.

• Lyn Agre
    3 years ago

Big problem with the frames is the gold or brass color-- those frames should be black.

next put the tv on the wall..

• Teresa Birnie
    3 years ago

Add some color! Make that wall your favorite color of dark blue, which will look really nice with the gray side walls and white furniture. Put small shallow bookcases under each of the pictures using the same color, finish and style as the TV cabinet, wall mount the TV just a few inches above the cabinet (covering the cords with a small homemade fabric sleeve the same color as the wall) and then add a nice white or gray oval medallion wall sculpture above the TV.

• dancethewildfandango
    3 years ago

Re: TV itself being a “decorator’s nightmare“ I know there are mirrors that one can watch tv through. Here’s a solution I came up with to hide our tv (which is too heavy to wall mount practically). This was an existing painting that I happily discovered covered the dimensions of the tv.

I attached two orange silicone-coated garage double hooks upside down at each corner of the frame (see below) to hang over the front of the tv when not in use.

It’s easy to lift the painting and hang off the front of the cabinets below to watch tv.

• P M
    3 years ago

Cheap and easy: buy or construct a “tv riser stand“ (Google that phrase and you will find a lot of options) and stain it to match your cabinet. Then lower your framed pictures so the top of the tv is even with about the middle of the frames. You will have to just eyeball that to find the sweet spot. The whole arrangement will balance out better, and you can tuck that cable box under the stand. (i would would put the framed family photos somewhere else, btw.)

• ebonique2000
    3 years ago

Maybe a custom vinyl wall quote? It would bring your eye up and it doesn't compete with the television or the current wall art. Other than the ability to customize what you want to say, you can play around with size, font, and complementary colors.

• Renee Terenzio
    3 years ago

I love my sea urchins from home goods. Inexpensive, in the photo the look widely spaced apart but they don’t when your in the room.

• ldevits
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for all the suggestions!