Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
learningtogetherathome

Need advice on range fan venting

Shelley
3 years ago

I hope someone can advise me on the venting for our range fan. The range is going in between the windows with a fan box above. It was to have vented through the ceiling directly above the range. The HVAC installers used old plans and had it going up to the left side of the photo and through the ceiling there. We asked for it to be moved to between the windows, which they did, but they had it exiting through the wall there vs the roof. That exterior wall faces to the front of the house, so it’s not ideal cosmetically. We asked our general contractor to have the HVAC installers go through the ceiling as agreed and when we went over to look today see that the wall hole was covered and it was rerouted back to the original roof hole. Is that long vent pipe okay? We are installing a strong fan system (35” Faber Inca SD), but it was not at all what I had pictured. The manufacturer specs show short direct venting above or behind, not long runs of vent pipe and then a bend. Should we ask for it to be redone, again? Thanks!

Comments (3)