Software
Houzz Logo Print
audraet

Kitchen ideas please

6 years ago

Ok I've tried to draw up a sketch of our kitchen finally. I would like your thoughts if I could. We are trying to get ideas for the design of our kitchen. I like the French country and classic look in kitchens to include White cabinets, wood range hood. We are a family of 5 currently so we are in the kitchen fairly often. Our current kitchen is square but we are planning to open a wall adjacent to the room inorder to combine the two rooms to make a larger/longer kitchen. (My sketch is measured with that wall missing already.) We do not want to move our sink or stove(although depending on your thoughts..we could move the stove I suppose.-but we are trying to save money where we can. I like the thought of having the extra storage of cabinetry up top however I wasn't sure if that would close up the room since it's more narrow? Some things we would like to include are a pantry, wall oven and a set of countertop cabinets. Unfortunately with the width of our kitchen we can't do an island so I was contemplating on having an pennisula but I'm not sure if that would close things up again. We do not have an open concept house. We have a tiny powder to the right of the kitchen followed by diningroom that is long and narrrow and seats 12 at the table. Our family room is in front of the kitchen and to the left when you walk in our home that measures about 15 x 12. And behind the kitchen is a sunroom where we currently have another large table. Basically what I'm asking is do you think this kitchen size does best with an L,G, U shaped kitchen or another layout you would recommend. So I'm open to suggestions and helpful ideas and designing this space to be the best layout design for the size/shape kitchen. Thank you!