Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bowmeister67

CoreTec Grande LVP

3 years ago

I am considering the new CoreTec LVP in either Empire Oak or Grand Makkah color. It is much more per square foot than I was thinking I would consider for LVP, but I am wondering if the 30ml wear layer and the cork backing make it that much more desirable? It would be installed on concrete slab in an above ground condo throughout. The price point is such that I am wondering if I should be thinking engineered wood instead, however, I am drawn to the benefits of the LVP for beachfront. Also, if anyone has any install pics, that would be great! Thoughts?

Comments (144)

• 3 years ago

@Scotty D I'm trying to decide between Grande Lotte Oak and Grande Golden Oak.. Do you have pictures you could share?

• 3 years ago

Loving this discussion! I'm also deliberating on color. Picked out Grande Petronas and afraid its too dark and also liked the Linden Oak but find myself leaning toward the Makkah Oak. If anyone has some updated pictures of the Makkah, I would love to see how it looks!

• 3 years ago

Any pics of Grande Goldin Oak installed? Having a hard time deciding on colors!

• 3 years ago

I will post some pics next week of golden oak, sorry but I’m out of town until then.

• 3 years ago

Judi K
    I am thinking about purchasing the Coretec Premium XL waterproof Grande Golden Oak, 30 mil , 1/2 “. Has anyone have this installed, any real difficulty in installing, fading , cleaning, etc. When I spoke to a rep at Cortec, I was told that none of their vinyls are fade resistant. For the cost, I’m surprised!

• 3 years ago

Hi Heather, we are replacing all the flooring in our condo. I love the Ravenswood Oak on your floors. is this the flooring you used?

• 3 years ago

You can take a pic of an area of your home and download the floors to see how it looks. The Coretec site is pretty user friendly. The last picture is the not so pretty floor that’s getting replaced.

• 3 years ago

Thank you

• 3 years ago

@BJ any pics of your install with the Simply White paint? I am getting ready to paint our condo and I am afraid with a western facing view it trends a little yellow most of the day. I am considering BM Chantilly Lace, but it is a very bright white so I am a bit nervous.

• 3 years ago

@bowmeister67 We haven’t painted yet but decided to switch to White Dove, instead. We were also worried about the Simply White yellow and White Dove is still a bit concerning but seems a bit more greige than yellow. Our concern with Chantilly Lace for everywhere was that it looks like primer in some light. We also thought about Super White which seemed a bit muted compared to Chantilly Lace. But we ultimately settled on White Dove for everything in our house except the master bathroom walls and vanity where we did Chantilly Lace to match better with the tile used in there.

bowmeister67 thanked BJ
  • 3 years ago

@BJ Thanks for the details. I hear what you are saying about the Chantilly Lace looking like primer...I am hoping once it envelops the room, I won't feel that way! I sampled White Dove and a number of others, and the Chantilly Lace was the only one that stayed fairly consistent throughout the day and didn't seem to change with varying light as much as the others. It will probably be a month or two before I am at my condo to see the results, but I will post pics when I get there.

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Katie Coverstone Piz

Any chance you could post some pictures of Lotte? Are you happy with how they turned out? Are they lighter or darker than you thought? Any insight would be sooooo appreciated! Thansk!

• 2 years ago

@teemail4u Can you share your approach to replacing your floors? Tearing out existing or laying the LVP over existing? Thanks!

• 2 years ago

Anyone with any leftover Grande planks can measure with a ruler? Is it exactly 15mm? When installing it floating, I know it's supposed to go under the dishwasher/fridge but not under your kitchen cabinets, did you have to raise your kitchen cabinets with plywood in order for your dishwasher not hitting the countertop? If so, how much did you raise your cabinets?

• 2 years ago

Wanted to bump up this tread... hoping someone has some more pictures of Lotte or Makkah installed. We are *this* close to ordering Lotte, but then I wonder if I should do Makkah.

• 2 years ago

Heres another thread with some Makkah pics as well as Lotte:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5998803/anyone-install-coretec-grande-goldin-oak

• 2 years ago

@BJ I just ordered Grande Makkah Oak from Nebraska Furniture Mart, it's back ordered until 08/12 and the rep said it would take week to ship from Georgia to Dallas, I'm hoping to get it on time as we're closing our new home on Nov 24th and will just be waiting on the floor install before we move in. Can you share the price you got for Makkah Oak and few more photos would be really helpful. Thanks a lot!!

• 2 years ago

I don’t have any updated pictures yet but think our contractor paid around 5.50/SF for 2500 SF.

• 2 years ago

Wow! Beautiful! 😍

• 2 years ago

How is everyone doing with keeping their Coretec Grande Floors clean? Any hazing or paw / foot prints showing all the time?

• 2 years ago

Hi, did you install cortec grande on your stairs? would like to know about your experience, we read it can be more slippery than wood. We are trying to decide if we put cortec grande lvp on the stairs or we just put wood that match the lvp.

• 2 years ago

We used the Grande Makkah stair treads that are available and the nose ends as well. We had ours professionally installed, so I can’t speak to level of difficulty. They are a bit slippery but not much different than wood, IMO.

• 2 years ago

I’m going to do white oak treads. Personally I don’t like the bullnose on the Coretec treads. This is an unfinished piece of a white oak tread on my Lotte Oak floors.

• 2 years ago

@BJ I love all the photos you posted of the Grande Makkah but my sample looks so yellow. Does it look yellow in person?

• 2 years ago

I really think it depends on paint color and light bulb color. Our interior is all white (BM White Dove) and our light bulbs are 3500k which is a bit cooler. We also have a ton of natural light, so it doesn’t read yellow at all during the day. If anything, it looks like raw wood. We debated between Makkah and Lotte because we were a bit worried ablut the yellow—looking Makkah sample but are really happy that we chose Makkah.

With beige or tan paint, or soft white light bulbs, it might look more yellow, especially if there isn't a lot of natural light in your space during the day.

• 2 years ago

Thank you! Incredibly helpful response

• 2 years ago

Finally have a decent photo in natural light to see how the Makkah looks. Doesn‘t seem yellow to me at all.

• 2 years ago

It’s beautiful!

• 2 years ago

This thread was extremely helpful...thank you!

• 2 years ago

Bj I love your pictures of Grande Makkah oak! I was looking at it in the store and wanted to know if it shows a lot of foot prints? The sample had a few on it

• 2 years ago

I don‘t think the footprints show up anymore than any of the other colors in the Grande line. There are wet mop options that clean the surface pretty good. Our experience thus far is similar to our experiences with engineered hardwood floors.

• PRO
    2 years ago

BJ Do you have any negative things to say about this floor? Some people have complained about a haze and the floors tearing up clothing if kids play on the floor or wear socks in the house.

• 2 years ago

We haven't experienced any tearing up of clothing yet. As for any haze, it does show some footprints, etc. but no worse than engineered hardwoods we've had and they clean up easy with water and rag or floor cleaner.

The biggest complaint is that some stains occurred during construction of our house AFTER floor was installed (unknown substances). I thought it would have been easier to clean those but it wasn’t. Took a ton of elbow grease and Goof Off to remove whatever was on floor. So far so good thereafter, though.

• 2 years ago

BJ-your pictures convinced me. Was debating between Makkah and Lotte. Can never tell from samples. Thank you!!

• 2 years ago

Can someone tell me where i can purchase grande makkah oak vents to match the flooring?

• last year

@BJ Thank you for all of your input and being so generous with your time for reviews. You have a very open floor plan, as do we. It will be 2700 square feet. I was worried about the repeat boards being obvious that it's LVP. Your pictures look like wood to me, do you feel this way in person? Thank you so much.

• last year

Hi Lauren,

This site has been so helpful to us and we’re just trying to be as helpful as we can in return.

You raise a valid question. Our floor plan is definitely open (2400-ish SF) and we did the Grande Makkah LVP in every room except the master bathroom. I think if your installer is thoughtful in his or her approach to laying out the planks, only the most critical eye MIGHT notice repeat boards. The only place we’ve noticed a few repeat boards that were arguably placed too close to each other is in our main room which is the largest space. That said, nobody else has noticed it and the boards do look quite a bit like wood.

Ultimately, it’s your call but this is definitely not something we ever worry about or have any regrets about. There are just too many positives. Good luck and post photos!

• last year

Thanks for sharing pictures, I am confused between Grande Lotte Oak and Makkah . Makkah seems little too light for my taste but these pics are beautiful so now leaning more towards MAkkah . Lotte sample looks good but my previous experience with other house ( different LVP ) was that once installed the over all look is much darker with the variations in the LVP planks! After almost year of looking for perfect LVP and almost giving up on changing the flooring , I have narrowed it to Coretech ( Lotte oak or MAkkah) .

• last year

Hi BJ,
    I am looking to install Makkah in our home as well. Are you still liking the color and the quality? What are you thoughts on it 6 months out. Thanks for all your feedback!

• last year

Love the color, it is exactly what we wanted. As for quality, it‘s our 1st experience with LVP (we are more used to engineered hardwood), and we’re glad we went with the CoreTEC Grande line. I‘m not sure we’d like a thinner LVP that doesn‘t have that super realistic surface layer or the weight to it. The CoreTEC Grande planks are super realistic, heavy and thick, more like wood would be. And they transition nicely to floor tile. Plus, they have a slightly thicker cork layer on the bottom (compared to most LVP planks) and it does feel very nice underfoot. Overall, it’s holding up very well and still looks like new. It’s a little more difficult to get rub or scuff marks off but it resists dog claws and our kids‘ toys better than wood does. One thing to note…if you plan to use rugs with a polypropylene backing on them (most on Wayfair or Amazon have this backing), you need to use a special rug pad in order to protect the floor from developing serious surface problems. Wool or cotton rugs are fine, though. We have two rugs with polypropolene backing, so we bought a couple rug pads from Rug Pad USA before laying down those rugs.

So yes, so far so good for us. Good luck and make sure you hire a good installer. There are definitely some tricks to installing the Grande line as the tongue and groove mechanism is VERY fragile. Use a scrap piece of a plank as an install block instead of a regular floor install block. The scrap piece fits together with the plank you are installing and when you hammer the scrap piece (or a regular block up against a scrap piece), it pushes the plank into place without breaking the tongue and groove material, if that makes sense. A regular block just crushes the tongue and groove material once you start hammering. Anyways, sorry for the long post. Hope its hepful.

• last year

Thanks so much BJ!!

• last year

Beautiful!

• PRO
    11 months ago

Thank you so much BJ for sharing your home photos and your generous input. Your home is beautiful. We looked at several options and settled on the Grand Makkah but were concerned with the yellow tones. So glad you addressed that topic. Thanks again!

• 10 months ago

Hi there! Has anyone done a glue down for Grande vs floating? Would love some feedback!

• 8 months ago

Thinking of going with the COREtec Grande line. If anyone has any feedback or insights that currently has this line of flooring, would love to know how it's going.

• 7 months ago

Does anyone have Coretec Blonde Oak installed ? Pictures?

• 6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

We had planned to install the COREtec Grande Lotte Oak; however have ultimately chosen another color. I have approx 1,500 sq ft available for sale -- willing to offer deeply discounted pricing. We are located in WI but can ship. Pls contact me at jwire@tds.net if interested.

• 6 months ago

@wfgworks - we actually installed the COREtec Grande Lotte Oak in our kitchen 8mos ago and it was fairly easy to install (we are DIYers) and has held up beautifully -- we have a large dog and pool. No scratches or issues at all.

The Grande Lotte Oak is very pretty, just a bit darker than I had wanted - so we have decided to go with another color for remainder of our home...and hence the post above where we have approx 1,400 sq ft available to sell.

Pls contact me at jwire@tds.net if interested. I'd would be happy to share photos, etc of what we have installed.

• 4 months ago

@Jodi Wire, would you mind showing photos of your floor? we're debating between the Lotte which I'm leaning towards and my husband is leaning towards the Makkha. We have really dark floors now and want to switch to lighter. I'm afraid the Makkha will be too light and he's afraid the Lotte will be too dark. Seeing as many IRL photos is very helpful, especially as you say you feel the Lotte ended up darker then you wanted. Thanks so much!