Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michael_hoffman12

Half Bath Redesign

Michael Hoffman
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My wife and I starting the process of renovating our house with the intention of selling in the next 2-3 years. We wanted to start with the half bathroom. The house is located in the far Chicago suburbs with house prices in the $200-250k range, if that helps. I'm looking for any suggestions or feedback you may have on the following questions I have:

1. The windows were recently replaced and they are white vinyl. I'm looking to do white molding for the window in the half bathroom, but does that mean I need to do white for all other wood in the room, including trim and the door? I've not seen many bathrooms in the area or from design sites where the window molding doesn't match the trim and door. I'm trying to find a compromise as my wife prefers not having white molding, doors and trim and prefers the look of stained wood, while I'm the opposite.
  2. I've posted an image of the wood vanity color and countertop color we have chosen to replace the current vanity. From a design perspective, if I end up with white door, trim and molding, is it better to try to match the floor to cream-colored floor or the wood-stained vanity? Part of me really wants to have porcelain floor tile, preferably matching the cream countertop. One of the challenges I see with matching the floor to the countertop is that I'll have a mostly white bathroom with the vanity sticking out as the only wood-stained color.

Current Half Bath

New Countertop Cream Colored

New Vanity Alder Wood with Dawn-Colored Stain

Comments (2)