Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_94905947772

Utilities to House

HU-94905947772
3 years ago

After the electric company has designed a plan for our house, who do we hire to dig the holes, lay down the wires, get electricity to our home?

We have a 1 inch water meter on the property, but how exactly do we get water from that 1 inch water meter to our home? Who digs the holes, lays down the pipes, connects to the home?

During construction/grading, how do we get water to the graders and electricity to the subs? Should we buy or rent a generator to save costs?

Comments (3)

• Seabornman
    3 years ago

The electrician usually spots a temporary power pole with a meter and panel box. I would leave the responsibility for a generator, if needed, to whichever contractor needs one. Water can be a temporary spigot provided by the plumber.

• mtvhike
    3 years ago

For my new build, my general contractor installed a meter panel about 200 feet from my house and dug a ditch to the house. The POCO put in one pole and ran the line from the street to it and mounted a transformer on it, then an underground line from the pole to the meter panel (I'm not sure who dug that trench).