Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_67407491

wall decor/paint

5 years ago

Looking to update this space without buying new furniture items. Wall decor for empty spot and maybe new wall color. Would love recommendations

Comments (18)

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    could you move the painting over the console? (where it is hanging now really makes no sense) maybe get a little side table for the vase. Or, do a tall plant in the corner.

    you have a monochromatic theme. what other color were you thinking

  • 5 years ago

    Yes I have been considering centering the piece but I was not sure didn’t want to make it the focus of the room. As to colors I do like white and sage just not sure yet. I have the dining room wall on the other side to consider as well.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks by the way.

  • 5 years ago

    I agree. The art should be centered on the wall. And I also think you only need one art piece. The one you have is good. You can replace it with something bigger if you rather. If you do I’d look for a picture of a big green leaf. Or something green. I think it’ll add the color pop you want without taking away from the beautiful sophisticated calm look you have

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks for your comment. I would like to keep this piece for a while, at least. it took some effort to figure out the other pieces that go with it, like the pillows and the rug. Going to try moving the picture and will post some pictures

  • 5 years ago

    Have you tried the sofa on the long wall with the loveseat in the window? It might open up the room.

  • 5 years ago

    Hello Amanda. Yes, I tried it. It actually makes the room look very small and crowded because those are not love seats. Buying big furniture for that room was a big mistake. And my coffee table which I love is too narrow:(

  • 5 years ago

    The suggestions, above, are spot on, Diana. But...have you thought of moving the art that is hanging in your dining room that has some coral (?) in it into your living room? Is it the same size as the piece that is hanging there? Try switching them out. That way you are bringing that color into the room and can reinforce it with pillows, etc. Do I see another large art piece leaning on the wall in the dining room? What is it? I would not put three large art pieces in your two spaces. That is too many. Perhaps you can change them out for each other???

  • 5 years ago

    Oh, and....PS: Everything you choose MUST match your adorable dog!!!! SOOOOOO cute!

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Maybe try moving the painting over the console? That might help balance the space more.


  • 5 years ago

    Ptreckel, thanks so much for your comments. I appreciate the attention to detail. The piece in my dining room is larger and would potentially be a great over the console. I have not tried that and do like the idea. The other piece on the floor was the first piece I bought to go over the console. It has a white background and really is a perfect match but the current one adds a little warmth and I think (a little sophistication to the room. I agree that three art pieces would be to much. I would like to do a gallery wall with family photos in my dining room but the mat frames I like are a little pricy for right now. Hopefully soon:)

  • 5 years ago

    And our dog is Kenny. Thank you he is such a good boy. He coincidentally matches our bedroom rug perfectly. Just blends right in lol

  • 5 years ago

    He like the camera

  • 5 years ago

    Love your wall color - would you be so kind to share what it is?
    And agree with coordinating the decor with Kenny!

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I think your room is lovely, especially with your little boy and big dog in it. I would center the painting over the console--art should always be the focus of a room. It sets the mood and gives the eyes something interesting to look at. I like the gold in the painting. Consider framing the windows with gold taffeta curtains on living room and dining windows.



    These will echo the painting and the gold pendant over the dining table. Add 1-2 patterned sofa pillows with a touch of gold:
    Grey/White/Gold Abstract Clarke & Clarke 18" Square Decorative Pillow Cover · More Info


    Medora Pillow 18x18x4, Polyester Fill · More Info


  • 5 years ago

    Dbllor, the color is Benjamin Moore white linen but it looks more ivory. I like it but I’m ready to go lighter

  • 5 years ago

    Just noticed you don't want to buy anything new, so apologies for suggestions I made. I'm not sure, though, that you'll get that extra visual energy with different wall paint. The room needs contrast to take it up a notch visually. Good luck with it.