Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kyle_johnson9240

Kitchen Island Deisgn Help??

Kyle Johnson
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm in the home stretch of my DIY kitchen remodel, currently working on building the island, and could very much use some help with the design.

Specifically,

1. I cannot decide whether I should keep the color of the island cabinets and countertop the same as the wall cabinets and countertop, or change them up.
  2. Should I keep the island "flat", or should I install some trim / paneling on the corners to add some detail. As the rest of the kitchen follows a very minimalist design, I'm thinking not, but would still love to hear some feedback.

As for changing the color of the cabinets, I was going to go with the blue color that is in the the stove backspash tile, and for the countertop, I wanted to go with Trilium by Dekton.

I plan on installing a small 15" prep sink in the island (on the side closest to the refrigerator).

The existing sink is a composite black, so if I go with the dark Trilium countertop, I don't think that a black sink would look as good, and don't want to have too many one-off design elements.

So, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and feedback! Thank you very much.

Kitchen Island · More Info

Comments (5)