Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

Why, Houzz, Why?

bcskye
3 years ago

I've been a member for a long, long time, but for some time now I haven't been able to get on. This has happened on my IPad, my phone and my laptop. Another long time member is having the same problem. Don't even get a sign in prompt. All I get is unable to connect due to too many redirects. This has ruined a beautiful website.

Comments (28)

• Jasdip
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Do you see this, and the other posts?

I know some members have had trouble signing on after clearing their cache. They can't sign on using their username which is why some of our members are the H8939587 etc.

One thing I notice is that the page isn't always updated. For instance, I posted on the WFD an hour ago, and it only shows up when I click on that thread. It hasn't come to the top nor my avatar showing up on the thread.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

bcskye - How did you post without logging on?

ETA - I post exclusively from my iPhone, never had a problem except a handful of times that the site was wonky for everyone.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 years ago

I’ve also had the ‘too many redirects’ message. If you go into any forum at random, then go into any post at random and then try signing in does that work for you? It does for me.

• HU-753479426
    3 years ago

I finally got back on and able to post but can't restore my user name. I only come here through bookmarks for garden web. I never look at anything on Houzz.

seagrass

• Labradors
    3 years ago

I had problems too for months. I could read, but not post. I emailed someone who I knew from another group who told me she had a problem when signing in to Houzz using her email addy, but signing in on my user name didn't make any difference for me. Suddenly, all was well again......

Linda

• CA Kate z9
    3 years ago

I've been having several different problems lately too. For instance: I can only sign on at the California Gardening Forum and then link on from there, but no other Forum will let me sign on; always have to go to CA Forum to start.

Today I added to a thread on the Citrus Forum that had a few photos. Wouldn't load and then disappeared. Most disappointing to go to all the effort and then have it gone, gone, gone.

CA Kate

• beesneeds
    3 years ago

I see the OP post, and its under growing tomatoes, harvest, and cooking. Not sure if it's showing up like that for everyone or not.

I never have problems on my desktop, but I do sometimes have problems on my tablet. Just blip, and suddenly I'm not logged in anymore. I got a spot bookmarked, so when I get blipped, I reload the site.

I don't know why the tablet gets blipped, and don't know why the bookmark works to bring it back. It's unreliable enough that I usually only use my tablet to read around here, and leave posting for the desktop.

• plllog
    3 years ago

I wish I could remember what I did. I got logged out on my tablet, where I use a desktop style browser. I did feel like I was in no man's land, but I did find my way back. Try opening a Google tab in a browser, and search on a thread you remember posting in and your screen name plus ths.gardenweb.com. Open a CF result, and the "cooking" button link on the post. That should bring you to the index. Or find your screen name on a post and see if that takes you to your actual account where your screen name is so maybe you can sign in there. But I don't know what too many redirects means. If it's that you've added too many outside links, maybe you can delete a few old ones? But maybe it's something on the 'net? Or your ISP?

• wednesday morning
    3 years ago

count me among those who cleared the cache and now can't sign in with my sign in. I sneak in through an unlocked back door, and here I am.

I can't help but suspect that they are trying to kill us off. I wager to bet that most of us just come here to chat and not to buy goods and services and, of course, there is no profit in that. We are useless to them and there is no incentive to maintain this site.

• sushipup1
    3 years ago

I agree with Wednesday Morning, they don't care. Spam is only a problem because we gripe (and sometimes not even then), otherwise they wouldn't care at all.

• agmss15
    3 years ago

I had a similar problem. I was trying to send messages to two people and had at best intermittent access to messages. I thought maybe if I logged off.... I already had a hard time navigating between forums.

Bad bad idea. I couldn’t log on. Sometimes I could come in sideways through an old email but not post. Then a nice houzz person said the cooking forum didn’t exist. Eventually after many false starts I am on, the link is bookmarked for now. Super quirky though.

• plllog
    3 years ago

The non-existent forum we're in is listed on topics to post in...

But they're right. In Gardenweb, Explore All Discussions only has Australia gardening topics. In Houzz, they list Cookware, but not Cooking, and there's no longer a link to Cooking that I could see in Cookware.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Maybe @edubya will see this and provide guidance.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Ok I just accidental cleared history which kicked me out, and I had a heck of a time getting back in. Tried so many things I‘m not sure what ended up working. Now I’m in houzz not GW.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Thanks but

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Everything‘s glitchy since the log out.

• plllog
    3 years ago

Whoa! It should redirect.

Try https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/cooking The secure is built into the URL.

• beesneeds
    3 years ago

Ohhh, I think I know the difference for me. Maybe. Bookmarks on gardenweb or houzz. The gardenweb ones seem to work right, but if I go through houzz, that's when the bad forum kicks in.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

plllog - That link brings up the CF on gardenweb. But this thread is the only one it lets me actually open, and it opens with the houzz url. Every other thread gives me:

• plllog
    3 years ago

WOW! Can you get to the forum using the button at the top of the thread?

Can you google a thread and link in from there?

Did you try Beesneeds's bookmarking?

• bcskye
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I accidentally got on the first time ano today by a page that listed garden forums and clicked on Harvest, no log in. I guess this how I'll have get on now. What a bear!

• plllog
    3 years ago

This button:

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

I’ve bookmarked the houzz sites and as long as no links bring me over to gardenweb I’m ok. Sorta.

• CA Kate z9
    3 years ago

Today I Added a new post to the Harvest Forum and then wanted to post it to the Cooking Forum.... doesn't exist. Looked for Home and Garden Discussions, nada. Good thing I have the links on my Mac or I couldn't get here.

BAD NEWS, Houzz.

• KatieC
    3 years ago

Hmmmmm....here I was thinking I've not had any problems. When I got on tonight the first few posts I saw were '1 hour ago', including a comment I made this morning, maybe 10 hours ago. Not a good sign.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Edit - removed my question and put it on another thread. Unfortunately I can’t open new threads with houzz url.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County