Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arthur_tazo

Marvin Essentials (Boston Area)

Arthur Tazo
3 years ago

Has anyone around Boston area gotten Marvin Essential installed at their home?

Thoughts and feedback?

How much should I expect to pay for about 20 Double Hung Windows (standard size), with installation?

Comments (10)

• millworkman
    3 years ago

Solid window. Standard size can be a bit all over the map as well as installation pricing due to the homes construction. Is the installer doing the demo? Siding type? Age of the home (lead paint)? Interior conditions?

Arthur Tazo thanked millworkman
  • Arthur Tazo
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Siding type: Wood

Age of Home: 51 years

Interior conditions: clean?

No demo. Replacement windows.

Other than the 3 bathroom windows which are smaller, the rest are about 5.5 feet by 3 something feet?

Looking for black exterior, grids (gdg) on top sash only.

• millworkman
    3 years ago

By replacement I assume you mean insert windows (reuse existing frame) or are you going for full framed replacement?

• Arthur Tazo
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Yes that is correct. Replacement. As in will be using existing frames.

As of right now I am debating between Marvin Essential, Marvin Elevate, Okna 500 and Okna 800.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    3 years ago

Hard to predict pricing but the Elevates should be the most since it would cost extra to have the interior prefinished from the factory or afterwards. Best bet is to get a few bids on each and decide from there.

• Scott Bordelon
    3 years ago

Following... also looking at Essential line. We like the modern thinner look and the all fiberglass (rather than wood interior). Wondering if essential is a good product (heard some sales people telling us it was 'builder grade' as if that is some kind of lower quality thing?).

• PRO
    toddinmn
    3 years ago

I think it is a good product , I think for some the looks might not fit the term but that is mostly subjective.

• artemis1
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Did anyone install the Essentials line? I was holding off on windows but now found a leak with wood rot, so will need to make a decision. Would love eedback from those who have them.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    2 years ago

Installed plenty of them. Decent window. If you want that thin and modern profile, and you can't use aluminum, this is a fine option.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012