Software
Houzz Logo Print
pachacon

which backsplash?

5 years ago

Hello!! I am looking for input on these choices.
That is the sample door of the cabinets I have already ordered. Everything else is still in question.
Would either backsplash in picture #1 and #2 even work with the quartz I want?
The 3rd picture is the floor I think I want.The 4th picture is the quartz I want. Its Calacatta Dorado.
Thank you

Comments (16)

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Gold grout?? I vote for the herringbone. That should be just fine.... very subtle but match the grout better to the tile in this case

    paula thanked herbflavor
  • 5 years ago

    No its not gold grout, just a metal edging on the tile. But I love gold!!! LOL I do want gold hardware.

  • 5 years ago

    I like the herringbone better too. The flooring is modern and your choices aren’t as much. Would you consider a more browny carmely color? Pretty choices!

    paula thanked HU-187528210
  • 5 years ago

    A browny carmely color for flooring? Yes, I could go that route too. I have not ordered floor yet.

  • 5 years ago

    like this one on top?

  • 5 years ago

    The herringbone is my favorite, but the first with the gold is nice too, and the last (quartz?)

    paula thanked Marci
  • 5 years ago

    The browns you show are definitely better. Just think warm tones will work better. Can you get something with less grain?

    paula thanked HU-187528210
  • 5 years ago

    I prefer the hexagon with the gold inlay. And agreed on the first flooring choice being too modern and too gray - the warmer tone complements your other choices better. Is there anything in between the two flooring options (warmer than your first choice but not as dark/contrasty as your second)?

    paula thanked salex
  • 5 years ago

    Nix that floor

    paula thanked M Miller
  • 5 years ago

    I dont have any other floor samples right now, but I can definitely go warmer on the flooring... I will pick up some samples later today.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I recently put in calcutta marble arabesque tile with brass inlay - they used a dolomite countertop which has no grain. it was amazing! The calcutta quartz you've chosen has a lot of grain. Would you consider another hex tile with porcelain or cararra marble that has less grain? (with gold ofc) I like the juxtapositon of the sleek marble with the more rustic floors - gives it balance and warmth. imho re: cleaning, the inlay is brass and should be resilient - any product you use that is gentle enough not to mar the marble should be fine.

    paula thanked Custom Edge Design/Build
  • 5 years ago

    I love the tiles with gold your first choice. They are beautiful. I would be in love with them.
    And I don't dislike the first choice wood your photo. .. However in reading @Custom Edge Design/Build 's wonderful advice. I had forgotten about clean up and the business of the marble. Great points to think about. Whatever you design is going to be stunning you have great choices.

    paula thanked Boxerpal
  • 5 years ago

    I love the herringbone as it looks more classic.

  • 5 years ago

    I love herringbone patterns - but - the first tile would definitely have more impact. Your kitchen would stand out vs. other kitchens using a more subtle (safe?) tile. I keep going back forth between selecting a new backsplash with some impact vs. the Cloe tile that I‘ve liked for awhile. I still think the Cloe is BEAUTIFUL - I just have seen so much of it lately. Makes me wonder if I should try something different.


    Also, you appear to love the gold accent - the second tile is a very different look (still nice). How much regret will you have if you go subtle?

  • 5 years ago

    haha I do love gold!! But at $20 a sf... I think I will survive without it lol