Software
Houzz Logo Print
jmbro10

Rug Help - Fresh Start!

5 years ago

I am redecorating my living room. Starting from scratch, all new furniture. I love everything about this rug except that it feels like it will forever limit my color palette to brown or grey. I like neutrals but have enjoyed adding an occasional pop of steel or teal blue or burgundy in previous rooms.


I love the brown, ivory, grey in this rug. And, I love how the rust and buttery tones work in the rug but I would not want those colors in pillows or furniture because strangely, they are my least favorite colors even though somehow I love how they work in this rug!


I am planning to get a three cushion rolled arm couch, two chairs, coffee table, and a table between the two chairs. Chairs will face the couch. The room has 10ft ceilings and gets a lot of light.


It looks like there might be a little bit of steel blue in the rug. Is there enough to have blue in the couch or chairs? Suggestions for colors of couch and chairs with this rug? Do you know of a rug like this but that might allow me to play a little more with color?


Hardwoods will be medium brown close to the dark brown in the rug. Walls are currently light neutral with With Dove moldings. I'm open to new wall color.


Thanks in advance for any suggestions!




Comment (1)